Aloha Colada

Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “(DavidsTea 87) I always seem not to realize that these cold brew teas DT is releasing are actually totally distinct teas, and not just the regular lineup. Saw this on sale, realized it was...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve had this twice now….hot and cold and there is something weird in the taste that I’m not a fan of as a hot brew. I’ll probably use the rest of this as a cold steeped tea because I hard a hard...” Read full tasting note
  • “I bought the pop can tin of this despite never trying it because the packaging was just so cute. Probably a terrible plan but this didn’t have stevia and seemed like an alright mix of ingredients...” Read full tasting note
  • “A is for… Aloha Colada! Really love the idea of this month’s big theme challenge – and I think I have a tea for every letter, so I’m looking forward to completing my tea alphabet! My goal is just...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Black tea, Apple, Candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), Artificial (pineapple, coconut) flavouring, Coconut (coconut, sugar).

About DAVIDsTEA View company

(DavidsTea 87)

I always seem not to realize that these cold brew teas DT is releasing are actually totally distinct teas, and not just the regular lineup. Saw this on sale, realized it was something different, and bought the “pop-can” tin, which is kind of cute.

This tea is pretty tasty – I cold brewed it overnight and it really tastes (and smells) like a pina colada, though obviously not so sweet. It is somewhat sweet though, I’m thinking from the pineapple. Lots of coconut, plenty of pineapple. It reminds me a lot of pina colada mixes, which I enjoy but haven’t had in ages.

Surprised at how much I like this. Tempted to get more, except coconut. I wonder if putting coconut teas in the freezer is effective?

Mastress Alita

I love coconut teas but have pretty much stopped buying them completely since they always go bad before I can drink them. If the freezer works, i wouldn’t be above that…

Kittenna

I have many, many coconut teas. I really do wonder about the freezer… not that I have that much space though.

tea-sipper

You could always buy a fresh coconut tea you know goes bad quickly (from past experience) and pop it in the freezer as an experiment?

I’ve had this twice now….hot and cold and there is something weird in the taste that I’m not a fan of as a hot brew. I’ll probably use the rest of this as a cold steeped tea because I hard a hard time getting over the taste hot. Cold it’s a lot more coconut where I’d prefer the pineapple to be the dominant note. But it’s a nice fruity, creamy cup.

VariaTEA

Considering it was designed to be cold brewed, I feel like its fair to just have it cold.

I bought the pop can tin of this despite never trying it because the packaging was just so cute. Probably a terrible plan but this didn’t have stevia and seemed like an alright mix of ingredients so I went for it. Drinking it now after 24 hours of cold brewing, I am thankful to report it’s quite nice. It’s not my favourite and if not for the tin, I likely wouldn’t have bought as much as I have but it should be easy enough to drink up what I have now.

I get a pineapple punch and aftertaste with coconut popping up in the middle of the sip with flavor and creaminess that’s stays on the tongue. It’s not lotion-y and doesn’t complete cover up the black tea base. It really is quite nice.

Nattie

I’m a sucker for cute packaging, haha.

11929 tasting notes

A is for… Aloha Colada!

Really love the idea of this month’s big theme challenge – and I think I have a tea for every letter, so I’m looking forward to completing my tea alphabet! My goal is just to do at least one of each letter, in sequence, but if I have extra time in a day and more than one alphabet choice that’s speaking to me I’ll do multiple.

I kickstarted things with this one because I remember, right before April 1st, seeing a bunch of new tasting notes for this blend pop up on my feed and it definitely made this blend top of mind! I had it as a cold brew, unsurprisingly, and it was reallllyyyy delicious! More of a mellow and subdued flavour with a lot of thick, buttery/creamy coconut – almost like coconut milk but not quite as rich. That was complimented by a sweet and low acid pineapple to make just a very smooth pina colada profile.