Butterscotch Chai

Cardamom, Cinnamon, Fruity, Ginger, Sugar
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “ok but I want all my dessert teas to be like this one.. light, airy, butterscotch candy sweetness is not too heavy, good aroma, very drinkable. goes down fast. would def repurchase on sale” Read full tasting note
  • “This delivers dessert! I’m not sure if it’s exactly butterscotch; it makes me think of eating a warm, spiced and lightly sweet dessert. I can’t put a finger on exactly what it reminds me of but...” Read full tasting note
  • “I haven’t had much luck with DT chais, but this one sounded too tasty to resist. It has lots of similar elements to my beloved monster mash. I really don’t taste butterscotch, but there is some...” Read full tasting note
  • “Taken with a dash of milk. First impression is that it’s alright but the stevia wears on me. Stevia, apple, and, surprisingly, mango are ingredients that often do not work for me. I’ll try steeping...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

When the temperature drops, is there anything more satisfying than comfort food? Comfort TEA. Add a dose of sweet caramel to your evening with this nutty caffeine-free rooibos – think flavourful & delicate spices, cardamom, cinnamon & creamy butter. Inspired by our favourite caramel hard candy.
What makes it great

A sweet upgrade on the chai flavours you love

It’s caffeine-free, so you can treat yourself to a mugful before bed

The unexpected mix of sweet caramel with warming cinnamon & aromatic cardamom

Rooibos, Apple, Sugar, Ginger, Mango (mango, sugar), Pineapple (pineapple, sugar), Cinnamon, Papaya (papaya, sugar), Cardamom, Sweet blackberry leaves, Black pepper, Natural (caramel, butter, biscuit) flavouring with stevia extract.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This delivers dessert! I’m not sure if it’s exactly butterscotch; it makes me think of eating a warm, spiced and lightly sweet dessert. I can’t put a finger on exactly what it reminds me of but it’s positive – as long as it’s hot. As it cools it gets fruity, which is something I remember experiencing with several of the DAVIDsTEA flavors from last year’s advent. I like fruit! It feels odd here. It’s tolerable, but since I don’t drink fast enough for a fully warm cup most of the time, it changes how I rate the tea.

DAVIDsTEA caffeine free advent, day 1

I haven’t had much luck with DT chais, but this one sounded too tasty to resist. It has lots of similar elements to my beloved monster mash. I really don’t taste butterscotch, but there is some unidentifiable dessertiness. Similar to butterscotch, but it doesn’t quite reach that. With milk, this is pretty tasty. I can’t really taste the rooibos, but I think it was a good choice for the base since it’s supporting and not distracting. The spices are really too mild to be called chai, but they are pleasing. I’ll definitely finish my 2 oz of this easily.

Taken with a dash of milk.

I’ll try steeping it directly in hot milk next time (or heat it all up together on the stove. Depends how lazy I am).

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Fruity, Ginger, Sugar

Sipdown from yesterday! likely not too many more before the end of the year but we’ll see.

Adventaggedon Day 1: Tea 1/7

So I may have bit off more than I can chew this year. I’m doing seven advents (and one 12 days “half advent” later in the month) which is more than I’ve attempted to do before. As always, I’m going to do my absolute best to post daily reviews and to take photos on instagram as well. I didn’t miss a single tea last year so I want to hold myself to the same standard, but we shall see…

This was the first tea in my caffeine free advent from DT and I decided to steep it up as a hot latte! Nice and frothy as well, because if you’re going to make a latte the best part of that is the piles and piles of foam. It was a good choice because the creaminess of the milk sort of exaggerate the buttery quality of the tea which makes it taste a bit more authentically like butterscotch to me. It does have a bit of a fruity taste that breaks the flavour illusion, but it was a rich and indulgent midafternoon cuppa overall and certainly not a bad way to kick off this advent!

CrowKettle

And here I am worried about staying on top of logging my 2 advent calendars XD

Good luck and looking forward to following your experiences!

Evol Ving Ness

You’re a wild thing, Ms. Strange. And everything that CrowKettle said.

Martin Bednář

Wait, 7 teas from Advents? And I am thinking that one is too much!
But as much as I know you, it will be nothing for you.