Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

• “The owner of the Granville Island Tea Co. told me that this is one of their most popular blends, though I do wonder if that has partially to do with the fact that Granville Island is a popular...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think this tea’s finally grown on me. A shame because this is the last cup I’ve got left. I feel my taste for wine grew with this, despite the fact I didn’t actually Read full tasting note

From Granville Island Tea Co

Product description not available yet.

About Granville Island Tea Co View company

The owner of the Granville Island Tea Co. told me that this is one of their most popular blends, though I do wonder if that has partially to do with the fact that Granville Island is a popular tourist destination and ice wine is becoming known as a rather Canadian sort of thing – like maple syrup.

I found the smell of this tea to be richly sweet and quite fruity\grapey. It doesn’t smell fermented or yeasty like actual wine might, which I’m thankful for as I think that would be rather off-putting. The flavour is quite strong and authentic as if I’d actually mixed ice wine with the black tea in my cup. The flavour is very wine-like but sweeter and with a hint of something a bit floral on the aftertaste.

I really enjoyed this blend; maybe next time I’m in Vancouver I’ll buy a full pouch rather than the little sample of it got on my last visit.

I think this tea’s finally grown on me. A shame because this is the last cup I’ve got left. I feel my taste for wine grew with this, despite the fact I didn’t actually DRINK any wine. The base is mild, the "soapy"ness of my original post has evolved into a sweet muscatel grape. Reminds me a little more of white grapes (never liked the purple—I think because of growing up on the artificial purple grape taste).

Bumping up the rank just a bit. That’s the last of this.