Grapes, Smooth, Cocoa, Malt, Muscatel, Sweet, White Wine
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Smooth black teas and muscatel Darjeeling with the taste of Canada’s famous sweet iced wine – blended by popular demand!

Black tea, dried apple bits, dried currants (raisins), natural and artificial flavouring

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Discovery tea box – Tea #9

Another tea I had a couple days ago. I’ve tried ONE Ice Wine tea before and I don’t think there was any way this one could be the same as that one. On a black tea base, you certainly can’t ignore the grape flavor. But I’m not sure if it’s a grape flavor I can actually like. It’s a little like grape candy. I think the other Ice Wine tea I drank tasted more like champagne? The black tea is neither light nor dark. Both steeps were very very grapey.

TTB #5

This is a very smooth, light black tea with a strong grape flavor. The grape came across a bit artificial to me, so I wasn’t a huge fan.

Flavors: Grapes, Smooth

I’m getting a light grape taste, small and green. It isn’t so much in the sip as it is the finish. The tea it’s self is pretty mellow with no bite and lets the fruit shine. It makes me think of the green muscat Asian gummy candy, which I now want to track down and enjoy. It’s well done, but isn’t captivating me. Maybe the name of it is a hint that it is better enjoyed cold? I’ll have to try that!

This is a nice smooth black with a prominent muscatel and sweet wine flavour. The base went very well with the fruity base, and I got some hints of cocoa and malt in there too.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt, Muscatel, Sweet, White Wine

Midday cuppa.

I’m watching the Runaways series that Marvel is doing right now with Hulu and I’m actually really, really loving it. It’s a unique position for me because I’ve actually read the comic series – something that generally hasn’t been true for me with most of Marvel’s properties. Plus, this one is one that’s a little more… Indie? I guess? It’s just so well done though. There are some pretty big deviations between the comics and this new series BUT none of them are ones I’m against; they all just seem like things that needed tweaking in order to make the series work as a TV show, and fit within the legal restraints of the MCU. One of the main characters in the series is a mutant; and if you know anything about the MCU and Fox’s ownership of different Marvel property’s rights is that the MCU cannot touch the word mutant so some changes definitely needed to be made there…

The casting is also really good! They kept their cast SUPER diverse just like the comics are, and the actors they cast for each role actually fit the likenesses of their comic counter parts almost eerily well. My only minor criticism is that in the comics Gert is fat, and proudly so. Plus, some of the insecurities of being a plus sized woman in a relationship with someone who is a lot more ‘conventionally’ attractive than she is actually ends up being a pretty big thing between her and the person she inevitably ends up with (trying to be vague here – I don’t want to give away spoilers for those who haven’t read the series). Also, as a fat person myself who’s favourite character is Gert it does hurt a little bit to see some of the representation that had resonated with me being stripped away a little. However, that said, the actress they cast is doing a phenomenal job in the role and it’s definitely not her fault at all. Plus, lets be real, she is kinda pudgy – definitely more so than the rest of runaways. So I think they at least tried to get some of that representation there. I miss seeing her rolls, and the double chin though!

Oh – minor spoiler here but worth saying because I definite;y want to give trigger warning for anyone considering watching the series! There’s an almost rape scene about halfway through the first episode. One of the six main characters basically prevents his ‘friends’ from raping of one of the other main characters, who was passed out at a party. It’s not graphic and it doesn’t progress far at all but the intent of the guilty party is made very clear, and it definitely made me a bit uncomfortable so just want to warn others…

ANYWAY – the tea was great. It tastes like grapes and honestly there’s not a whole lot more to say about it other than that. It’s proven to be very consistent when brewed and it’s sweet and smooth. Just how I like it! It was a good tea to sip on while watching the first few episodes. I really drew it out too; little sips here and there during the quieter moments!

Indigobloom

I was wondering how that show compares to the Gifted. On the surface they seem pretty similar? thx for the warning