Grapes, Smooth, Cocoa, Malt, Muscatel, Sweet, White Wine
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Smooth black teas and muscatel Darjeeling with the taste of Canada’s famous sweet iced wine – blended by popular demand!

Black tea, dried apple bits, dried currants (raisins), natural and artificial flavouring

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Since 1894, Murchie’s has been importing and blending the finest quality teas from select gardens around the world. As the decades have passed, the art of tea blending and tradition of excellence are handed down along with the old recipes. Today, Murchie’s offers traditional products and classic blends while also developing new combinations for a new generation of tea drinkers. We are proud to provide blends for events and occasions, from local landmarks to national observations and royal milestones.

Discovery tea box – Tea #9

Another tea I had a couple days ago. I’ve tried ONE Ice Wine tea before and I don’t think there was any way this one could be the same as that one. On a black tea base, you certainly can’t ignore the grape flavor. But I’m not sure if it’s a grape flavor I can actually like. It’s a little like grape candy. I think the other Ice Wine tea I drank tasted more like champagne? The black tea is neither light nor dark. Both steeps were very very grapey.

TTB #5

This is a very smooth, light black tea with a strong grape flavor. The grape came across a bit artificial to me, so I wasn’t a huge fan.

Flavors: Grapes, Smooth

I’m getting a light grape taste, small and green. It isn’t so much in the sip as it is the finish. The tea it’s self is pretty mellow with no bite and lets the fruit shine. It makes me think of the green muscat Asian gummy candy, which I now want to track down and enjoy. It’s well done, but isn’t captivating me. Maybe the name of it is a hint that it is better enjoyed cold? I’ll have to try that!

This is a nice smooth black with a prominent muscatel and sweet wine flavour. The base went very well with the fruity base, and I got some hints of cocoa and malt in there too.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt, Muscatel, Sweet, White Wine

Probably my last caffeinated tea for the day – after all of the black teas in my advent today you’d think I’d be ready to move on to something else, but I was really craving something raisin/grape heavy and brisk. This cup is delivering – it’s black grape/raisin forward but then leans into more of a tannic, full bodied black tea profile with notes of crunchy autumnal leaves and a brassy note that I’m digging.

It’s been a hot minute since my last mug of this and I can tell it’s lost sweetness/brightness since I last visited it, but it’s still good!