Takibi

Oolong Tea
Astringent, Grapefruit, Mango, Passion Fruits, Autumn Leaf Pile, Citrus, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I shared this with my club today because it’s currently my “freshest” tea (i.e. it was my most recent purchase). Everyone seemed to really like it =)” Read full tasting note
  • “I didn’t have time to finish drinking my cup of this hot yesterday night, so I stuck it in the fridge. Now I think this is way better as an iced tea. The fruity flavors stand out a lot more when...” Read full tasting note
  • “You guessed it, another great gift from Cameron B. hehe I’m really enjoying all these different flavored teas. I can’t wait to try the B&B ones, S&V, A&D, Dammann Frères and more. All...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 10:30 PM I added this to my latest order from Lupicia (which was mostly to get some Kumquat and Yuzu before they’re sold out for the year). This is the first time I’ve ever seen this blend...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

TAKIBI (Fireside) Toasty and pleasantly astringent Chinese oolong scented with mango and passion fruit. Enjoy a sweet, lingering aftertaste, like sitting by the fireside in the fall.

About Lupicia View company

Carolyn

You have a tea club?

Jenny

It’s a nutrition, complementary and alternative medicine club but I’m starting to serve tea at the events so we can put “free light refreshments” on all our fliers to try to draw people. XP

Jenny

We did do a big tea event last year. We got like 80 attendees. And we’re planning to do another tea event in the spring.

I didn’t have time to finish drinking my cup of this hot yesterday night, so I stuck it in the fridge. Now I think this is way better as an iced tea. The fruity flavors stand out a lot more when it’s not hot, though there is still an odd sort of taste I haven’t figured out. It might be the type of oolong used? Unsure.

You guessed it, another great gift from Cameron B. hehe I’m really enjoying all these different flavored teas. I can’t wait to try the B&B ones, S&V, A&D, Dammann Frères and more. All these stores I’ve always wanted to try after reading all the reviews. Thank you again <3.

I really loved their mango oolong, and this is very similar. It has the addition of passion fruit and the citrusy notes, grapefruit. I like this better than the mango one because of the added citrus notes. Also, I like the oolong base a bit more, baked/oxidized more. Their site says this one uses Chinese oolong and the Mango oolong uses Taiwanese oolong (pouchong specifically). Both are great though.

Still heartbroken about the thought of them closing their Hayward store since I just started adding flavored teas to my rotation. On Twitter, I wrote on one of Lupicia’s tweets “California mise o tojinaide kudasai. ^^” which means “Please don’t close your California store.” lol To my surprise, they “liked” it. Wishful thinking that they won’t? I guess haha.

Flavors: Astringent, Grapefruit, Mango, Passion Fruits

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 30 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

I really like this one, it’s the first flavored oxidized oolong I’ve seen from Lupicia.

P.S. – The two A&D teas are unflavored!

Kawaii433

Ok :D So looking forward to them. I dreamt about your package while having a nap!! haha

Mastress Alita

しょうがない…

Mastress Alita… Nooo. I still have hope! hehe

Todd

I found your tweet and retweeted.

Kawaii433

Todd, hehe thank you! Let’s hope they listen (I know wishful thinking hehe)

Home – 10:30 PM

I added this to my latest order from Lupicia (which was mostly to get some Kumquat and Yuzu before they’re sold out for the year). This is the first time I’ve ever seen this blend on their site, so I’m not sure if I’ve just missed it in the past or if they haven’t released it for a while. Ripe Mango Oolong is one of my favorite teas, and this sounds sort of the like the oxidized version of that. The name means “fireside”, which I find quite charming. It looks and smells beautiful dry.

Yummmm…

This is scrummy (as Mary Berry would say). I feel like I’m tasting a little bit of grapefruit at the beginning of the sip, even though it’s not mentioned in the description. But it quickly transitions to full-on tropical, with strong and juicy flavors of mango and passion fruit. The oolong is extremely mild, with its flavor only really appearing near the end of the sip, after the fruit flavors have lessened a bit. It’s light and sweet, with a lovely and comforting mild roasty flavor. It really takes this blend to an autumnal place, even though these tropical flavors are generally more summery.

I will say, after drinking several (more subtle) Bird & Blend teas, the flavoring in this one seems a bit too strong. It very nearly approaches bubblegum flavor, but doesn’t quite get there. It must be the passion fruit flavor, as I don’t remember feeling that way about their other mango-flavored teas.

I’m not sure I would feel the need to stock both this tea and Ripe Mango Oolong, as the flavoring is somewhat similar. But I’m very happy to have this in my cupboard for now!

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Citrus, Grapefruit, Mango, Passion Fruits, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical