Takibi

Oolong Tea
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I shared this with my club today because it’s currently my “freshest” tea (i.e. it was my most recent purchase). Everyone seemed to really like it =)” Read full tasting note
  • “I didn’t have time to finish drinking my cup of this hot yesterday night, so I stuck it in the fridge. Now I think this is way better as an iced tea. The fruity flavors stand out a lot more when...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 10:30 PM I added this to my latest order from Lupicia (which was mostly to get some Kumquat and Yuzu before they’re sold out for the year). This is the first time I’ve ever seen this blend...” Read full tasting note

From Lupicia

TAKIBI (Fireside) Toasty and pleasantly astringent Chinese oolong scented with mango and passion fruit. Enjoy a sweet, lingering aftertaste, like sitting by the fireside in the fall.

About Lupicia View company

Carolyn

You have a tea club?

Jenny

It’s a nutrition, complementary and alternative medicine club but I’m starting to serve tea at the events so we can put “free light refreshments” on all our fliers to try to draw people. XP

Jenny

We did do a big tea event last year. We got like 80 attendees. And we’re planning to do another tea event in the spring.

I didn’t have time to finish drinking my cup of this hot yesterday night, so I stuck it in the fridge. Now I think this is way better as an iced tea. The fruity flavors stand out a lot more when it’s not hot, though there is still an odd sort of taste I haven’t figured out. It might be the type of oolong used? Unsure.

Home – 10:30 PM

I added this to my latest order from Lupicia (which was mostly to get some Kumquat and Yuzu before they’re sold out for the year). This is the first time I’ve ever seen this blend on their site, so I’m not sure if I’ve just missed it in the past or if they haven’t released it for a while. Ripe Mango Oolong is one of my favorite teas, and this sounds sort of the like the oxidized version of that. The name means “fireside”, which I find quite charming. It looks and smells beautiful dry.

Yummmm…

This is scrummy (as Mary Berry would say). I feel like I’m tasting a little bit of grapefruit at the beginning of the sip, even though it’s not mentioned in the description. But it quickly transitions to full-on tropical, with strong and juicy flavors of mango and passion fruit. The oolong is extremely mild, with its flavor only really appearing near the end of the sip, after the fruit flavors have lessened a bit. It’s light and sweet, with a lovely and comforting mild roasty flavor. It really takes this blend to an autumnal place, even though these tropical flavors are generally more summery.

I will say, after drinking several (more subtle) Bird & Blend teas, the flavoring in this one seems a bit too strong. It very nearly approaches bubblegum flavor, but doesn’t quite get there. It must be the passion fruit flavor, as I don’t remember feeling that way about their other mango-flavored teas.

I’m not sure I would feel the need to stock both this tea and Ripe Mango Oolong, as the flavoring is somewhat similar. But I’m very happy to have this in my cupboard for now!

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Citrus, Grapefruit, Mango, Passion Fruits, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Tropical