Kilimanjaro Sunrise

Cherry, Citrus, Floral, Malt, Peach, Burnt, Honey, Smoke
Tea Bag
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by derk

• “First tea of my swap with Martin, thank you! All the way from the Czech Republic to California. I enjoyed the nice handwritten note on a large post card featuring images of your city and another...” Read full tasting note
  • “You know the days that everything is going bad since the morning? Yup, that is today for me. I just woke up, feeling miserable. I was picking a tea to brew for about half an hour. Just thinking...” Read full tasting note

From Nous Tea

This organic black tea from southern Tanzania is as intense as the African sun, outshining some of the best Assam-style teas from Kenya to the north with its deep crimson color and honey-sweet aroma. Citrus notes and a malty undertone add to its complexity when taken with milk, brightening the dreariest of mornings.

About Nous Tea View company

First tea of my swap with Martin, thank you! All the way from the Czech Republic to California. I enjoyed the nice handwritten note on a large post card featuring images of your city and another personal touch of including a homemade herbal blend.

Kilimanjaro Sunrise was a nice tea hailing from Tanzania. I was able to get two steeps. The aroma and taste were an uplifting, sunny mix of cherry-citrus-flowers-peach with a malt undertone. The florals really opened up when I swished the tea around in my mouth. Good body with a satisfying swallow and very clean finish with a touch of good astringency. This was a very bright black tea with an appropriate name.

Flavors: Cherry, Citrus, Floral, Malt, Peach

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

If you ever know how these reviews of teas I sent you made my day. I am so happy to read them, seeing different opinion of teas I had.

I really wanted to make it bit personal, as I like things personal. It makes the day brighter for other one :)

derk

I am glad the appreciation of this swap goes both ways!

I just woke up, feeling miserable. I was picking a tea to brew for about half an hour. Just thinking going to the University today makes me nauseous. But I have to go there. Till 5 pm. It is 8 am and can´t imagine that. Argh!

I need to study for Thursday exam. No time and no focus. Even worse is it for next week exam. Have I said I need to make a homework till next week too? I did not. I just feel awful, sorry, but I needed to write it down and off my chest.

Now to the tea.
I noticed cherry and citrus notes today too. Still bit smoky for me. Colour is just wonderful – copper and clear. Like – complely clear. No dust!
In taste? Ahh, too hot. Second sip few minutes later. Malty as assams with some citrus after-taste. Smooth.
Still great tea, if I have it loose leaf it will be my every-day tea I guess.

Flavors: Cherry, Citrus, Malt, Smoke

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML
ashmanra

I am sorry you had a bad day. I pray tomorrow will be better for you and you will enjoy some good tea!

Martin Bednář

ashmanra: Thank you! I think it was much better day, though I am now really tired and I have to study a bit.