Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The best cups of tea I have ever had have not been determined by tea variety, but by circumstances—cups that signify the end of a traumatic event because I am home and safe and warm. I had one...” Read full tasting note

From Oliver Pluff & Company

Notes: Grown in Southern China, Congou is one of the last of its kind, one of the great historical teas of China from its trading days.  The word Congou refers to a tea made with highest mastery or careful skill to produce thin, light strips without breaking the leaves.  The resulting toasty black tea is smooth and sweet with the flavor of unsweetened baked apples.

About Oliver Pluff & Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I had one those “best cups ever” yesterday after watching my dad pass away. He was warm and comfortable, unhooked from the monitors and machines that had been troubling him, and his kids were there to say goodbye. Arrived in Heaven just in time for morning coffee (he wasn’t a tea guy).

I drove four hours home (it’s hard to merge onto an interstate while you’re weepy; don’t try it yourself) and collapsed with a cup of this Congou. It is excellent, whether you’re in the throes of tragedy or not…as I posted this, I noticed the “dried baked apples” description—I’ll have to pay more attention, but maybe that’s the thing that was making me think, “Something about this is really distinctive.”

I believe I’ll have me another one this afternoon as I bolster myself for a week of funeral plans and bustle and remember how my dad mistrusted restaurants that didn’t have hat racks, loved polka music, bought odd-duck grocery items in crazy bulk quantities, taught me to be 15 minutes early for any occasion, always advised that “it’s just as easy to fill the top half of a gas tank as it is the bottom half,” and what he said to me just before he escorted me down the aisle at my wedding: “Don’t walk too fast.”

Savor whatever’s in your cup today.

__Morgana__

I’m so sorry for your loss. Strength and comfort to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss, but i’m glad that you were able to be there. Sounds like you have some great memories.

CrowKettle

I’m so sorry for you loss, gmathis. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Evol Ving Ness

My condolences to you, gmathis. This is the hardest thing.

mrmopar

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Father over 2 years ago. I now know how wise he really was.

Rosehips

I am so sorry for your loss, gmathis. May tea be a comfort to you in this time.