Oregon Breakfast Blend

Astringent, Hazelnut, Citrus, Earth, Nutty, Sweet, Cream
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Nichole/CuppaGeek

From Plum Deluxe

This breakfast tea is how Plum Deluxe folk like to start their day. The earthy base helps center you; the ping of orange helps wake you and get you excited about today’s possibilities. It’s a simple tea & yet it is rich with subtle flavors. Hazelnut – in its oil essence form – has tons of great anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits, as well as vitamin E. Paired with some orange, you’re getting a true boost from this tea in every cup.

About Plum Deluxe View company

This was another unfortunate miss today for me. The combination of orange and hazelnut came across as somewhat stale tasting. It lacked the richness and complexity I was hoping it would have.

I have been pretty happy with Plum Deluxe teas overall, and this is no exception. It’s a little lighter in body than I tend to associate with a breakfast tea, but it’s still hearty and strongly black. I don’t taste much of a contribution from orange peel (which is disappointing as that’s a flavor I love), but I get a hint of it in the finish. The hazelnut adds a richness without being overpowering, although it is very strong in the fragrance. This is a fairly astringent tea, but that comes across nicely without bitterness.

Flavors: Astringent, Hazelnut

Backlog Aug 28th. Sample sipdown.
Pretty good, I liked the addition of honeybush, gave it a different flavor than a normal breakfast blend.

Some seriously good tea! The hazelnut and orange work surprisingly well together, and I love the blend of black tea and honeybush.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The boyfriend, one of his twins, and I shared a pot of this last night. He has declared this blend to be the best blend ever and warned me to never run out. I can’t say that I think this is the best blend ever but it was really good. Rich hazelnut with a sweet finish. I didn’t pick up the orange flavors but that is fine with me. I was perfectly happy with this delicious hazelnut delight.

Happy Sunday Sipping all!

Flavors: Cream, Hazelnut, Sweet