Banoffee Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

31 Images

From Pudtea

Bananas and toffee – a match made in heaven! This rich and creamy blend has all the decadence of the classic dessert minus the calories. Just the thing to satisfy your sweet tooth.

INGREDIENTS

Black tea, apple, banana, dates, raisins, fudge pieces, natural flavourings.

BREWING INSTRUCTIONS

Add 1 teaspoon per cup (2 teaspoons if, like us, you prefer your tea in a mug). Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 3 to 5 minutes.

HOW WE LIKE IT

Best enjoyed as it is or with a drop of milk.

ALLERGENS

Contains: milk, soya

All our tea blends are made in small batches in a kitchen where nuts, gluten, dairy and other allergens may be present.

About Pudtea View company

I’ve never had banoffee so no idea what it should taste like but this was the most caramel creamy deliciousness ever. Over the top, but I’d have more lol

VariaTEA

Banoffee Pie is soooo good! Do recommend. Also, glad you liked this one!

This is, hands down, the best tea I’ve tried from Pud Tea so far!

In fact, when I steeped this up I was so excited by it that I almost burned what I was making for supper messaging VariaTEA to try and get her to also steep it up right away! I don’t think her experience was as magical as mine, but this was the kind of cup of tea for me that was so good I almost teared up…

We all know that I love a good banana tea, and the way the banana come across in this tea is INSANE – in the best way. To be clear, I’ve never had Banoffee Pie and based on my understanding of it I actually don’t think that this is accurate to that – but what it did taste like was the kind of amazing banana pudding that my Grandmother used to make for us! It was the kind made from real bananas and often had big chunks of unmashed bananas in it, and what I loved about it (though I do love the more artificial boxed banana puddings too) was that it was sweet and creamy with this caramelized sugar note but also very authentically banana flavoured, and bananas when they’re perfectly ripe too! It might be tied as my favourite dessert that she made for us on the regular, with the other dessert being her Angel Food Cake.

So when I tried this tea I was immediately taken back to this really nostalgic place of being a small child eating bowls of amazing banana pudding after summer swimming lessons and picking vegetables and raspberries in her garden.

Aside from being the best banana pudding flavour in a tea that I’ve ever experienced, there was also this delicious graham cracker note as well – like the kind of sweetened graham cracker crust that’s the bottom of a very good slice of cheesecake.

It all came together so magically for me that if nothing else from Pud Tea ends up being mind blowing it’ll still have been a worthwhile order for me just to get to experience that pudding again!

Inkling

Wow, this sounds amazing!

Roswell Strange messaged me to try this and that peaked my curiosity so I brewed up a cup. She did 1 pftsp in boiling for 4 mins and I did the same amount in 200F for 3 mins. She loved it but for me it seemed a bit bland at first. As it cooled, a lot more flavor has come out but for me it is a lot more banana bread than banoffee pie. Though I do get some of the caramelized condensed milk that is the filling of banoffee pie. I am a fan but next time I will be trying Roswell’s steeping parameters.