Vanilla Sundae

Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

31 Images

From Pudtea

This sumptuous blend of black and rooibos teas peppered with smooth vanilla will transport you to sunny days at the beach. Perfect for reliving those childhood memories!

INGREDIENTS

Black tea, vanilla rooibos, fudge pieces, natural flavouring.

BREWING INSTRUCTIONS

Add 1 teaspoon per cup (2 teaspoons if, like us, you prefer your tea in a mug). Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 2 to 4 minutes.

HOW WE LIKE IT

Best enjoyed as it is!

ALLERGENS

Contains: milk, soya

All our tea blends are made in small batches in a kitchen where nuts, gluten, dairy and other allergens may be present.

About Pudtea View company

If I didn’t know better, I would think this is a rooibos with vanilla…because that’s what it tastes like. So that’s disappointing.

Another new sample!

I’ve been craving sweet/creamy vanilla and custard type flavours a lot near the end of this week; I think it’s a comfort thing? So this was one of the teas from this order that I most immediately wanted to prioritize trying. It smells very nice; sweet and creamy vanilla with lots of hazelnut-y rooibos!

Steeped I found the cup enjoyable, but a little flat? The rooibos flavour is very strong and pretty nutty – and I enjoy it a lot, I found the same thing in the Candy Cane blend I tried recently and I thought it was good there too. It’s just that I was hoping for vanilla decadence and sweetness from the fudge pieces and the rooibos really outweighed the subtle taste of vanilla. Yes, it was sweet – but it tasted more like a carmelized sugar rooibos or hazelnut brittle type thing versus a “Vanilla Sundae” which should probably be both vanilla heavy in flavour and creamy/custardy too. Also, there IS black tea in this blend as well but you wouldn’t know it from the taste.

VariaTEA