Beatrix Potter's Herbal Tisane Blend

Rooibos Tea
Chamomile, Green Rooibos, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Organic Spearmint, Rose Hips
Lemongrass, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “I haven’t written a tasting note for this, though I’ve had it for a while. S&V actually sent me a tin of this one instead of what I ordered… so maybe that’s why it took a while, though I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is an interesting melange of flavors. There are several prominent notes to this tea. I can taste rooibos, chamomile, and the lemon from the lemongrass. This is pretty good. It’s not too sweet...” Read full tasting note

From Simpson & Vail

Product description not available yet.

About Simpson & Vail View company

I haven’t written a tasting note for this, though I’ve had it for a while. S&V actually sent me a tin of this one instead of what I ordered… so maybe that’s why it took a while, though I’ve drank it a few times. It’s a sweet blend – the most distinct flavor is the strawberry flavoring. But then there is hints of chamomile and spearmint, all on that rare green rooibos base. I can’t really taste the lemongrass, but I think this blend would be excellent with some lemon verbena. I wouldn’t say using the two teaspoons is too much… it seems like a good amount to use for this one. I like this blend, but with a few tweaks, it could be even more delicious. It’s nice to see the rare green rooibos though.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug // 8 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

This is an interesting melange of flavors. There are several prominent notes to this tea. I can taste rooibos, chamomile, and the lemon from the lemongrass. This is pretty good. It’s not too sweet and it’s not bitter. It is one of the hardest to describe teas I have reviewed. Drinking it now because it has no caffeine and I have insomnia.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 minutes.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Nicole

This is one that interested me except for the rooibos.

AllanK

The rooibos is the base of the tea. Don’t know what it would be like without that.

Nicole

Though I see now that it is green rooibos, which I somehow missed when looking at their author teas before. Green is okay, it’s the red that always tastes like medicine to me. :)