Supreme English Breakfast

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 400 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I found a single tea bag in my stash. Then I found whole box in cupboard. I completely forgot about this one. But it is still before BEST BEFORE date, so – I don’t mind. Too bad, on box, on bag and...” Read full tasting note

From Sir Winston Tea

Elegenat, time-honoured classic black tea blend with an aromatic taste

Celebrate your morning tea ritual in the traditionall british way – as a delicious promise to the new day. With it’s distinctively full flavour “English Breakfast” will give your senses a refreshing lift, fine varieties of strong black tea to develop their unique taste. “English Breakfast” is a revitailising choice at any time of day and is renowed for its high quality.

About Sir Winston Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Too bad, on box, on bag and not even on website is information what tea was used (yes, I mean regions). Just everything is unique, premium, ritual, whatever. On website I found out that Teekanne is responsible for content. And if you want to write the company, there is one, not very promising e-mail address. Or you can try to write them an snail mail – then it is a PO Box. Hmm.

I did just 2 and half minute steep (they suggest 3-5). I was afraid it will be too bitter, so I rather short the vrewing time and usually it is alright. The hue of colour is alright, dark copper, quite clear (I have seen cleaner from tea bags). Little oil flecks.

In aroma there is no malt, nothing what says I am strong tea. Nothing astingent, bitter, whatever. It smells after toffee, caramel cookies, maybe little chocolately.

In taste is is quite weak (I have to re-try with longer steeping time), and similar. Sweet, caramel notes with chocolate notes. I expected something more bitter from English Breakfast blend. It is quite easydrinking, but not really something I would drink on daily basis.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate