Herbal Tea
Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Inkay
Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 1 g 15 oz / 450 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Been looking forward to trying this one! Trying to look up more information about amacha keeps turning up results for matcha…but finally got some guidelines, and threw a few leaves of this into the...” Read full tasting note

From Stone Leaf Teahouse

甘茶

A truly unique herbal from Japan, Amacha, or “Buddha’s Tears” is a naturally sweet (nothing added) leaf of a special varietal of Hydrangea. Harvested just before flowering, the leaf captures the sweetness of this famously fragrant plant.

This tea can both be ceremonial in nature, as it is traditionally used in Japan for the Buddha’s birthday on April 8, and also an every day caffeine-free tea. A little goes a long way, as just a few of this delicately curled full leaf will sweeten your cup. Great on its own, as well as added to other teas to sweeten them up!

About Stone Leaf Teahouse View company

1 Tasting Note

Been looking forward to trying this one! Trying to look up more information about amacha keeps turning up results for matcha…but finally got some guidelines, and threw a few leaves of this into the steeper. Smell is quite sweet, which is what is to be expected.

Aaaaaand it’s sweet. It tastes almost like…what I would imagine nectar to taste like. rhinkle thinks it tastes like stevia, which I don’t quite agree with, but I can see how one would find it to be similar. I could see myself blending this with something that I wanted to sweeten, especially something that I would drink while sick, like a homemade ginger tisane.

This would also be perfect for having first thing in the morning for me when I’m just cold and want something to warm up before moving on to the sessions that carry me throughout the day.

Flavors: Sweet