Gingernut Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

1 Tasting Note View all

• “239/365 This is the last of the T2 samples I have in my cupboard, and since it needs milk and I’m not at work, it made sense to finally get around to it. It’s inspired by gingernut biscuits, which...” Read full tasting note

From T2

Product description not available yet.

About T2 View company

1 Tasting Note

239/365

This is the last of the T2 samples I have in my cupboard, and since it needs milk and I’m not at work, it made sense to finally get around to it. It’s inspired by gingernut biscuits, which I quite like, so I have high hopes for this one!

In practice, it’s maybe not quite what I expected. Gingernut biscuits, to me, are a relatively sweet thing, and I know T2 can do sweet flavoured teas pretty well. This blend is much more on the savoury side of things; less gingernut, and more chai. There’s plenty of cardamon and clove (which I enjoy) plus a hefty kick of ginger (which I’m not so keen on). I can also taste orange, which I wasn’t expecting; there’s a little juciness, but it’s more pithy than fruity on the whole. As it cools, I can detect a little liquorice root – not enough to be obnoxious, but a little all the same. It feels fairly redundant, really, since for the most part it’s drowned out by the spices.

This isn’t one I’m particularly keen on, so I’m not too sad that it was limited edition. Most of the samples I tried lived up to their names pretty well, but this one fell a bit short. It’s not bad as a chai blend, but I was expecting something more.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp