Candy Apple White

Apple Pieces, Coconut, Lemongrass, Natural Apple Flavor, White Tea
Apple, Cucumber, Melon, Sweet, Vegetal, White Wine, Licorice
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “June Wedding! Another something borrowed from the last Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box! (Thanks to all who contributed and tea-sipper for organizing!) I prepared this one as a cold brew, since I’ve...” Read full tasting note
  • “Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #10 Teasource asks in this description: How do you like them apples? I say, not with lemongrass or coconut… An interesting blend that I have no idea how...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried a cup of this at my former roommate’s house and really enjoyed it! It literally tastes like a taffy-covered apple. At the beginning of the sip, I mostly notice a smooth, natural apple...” Read full tasting note

From TeaSource

How do you like them apples? This white tea offers a soft, textured cup with a lingering tangy, sweet flavor. Great iced!

Ingredients: White tea, coconut, green apple flavor, freeze dried apple, lemongrass

About TeaSource View company

June Wedding! Another something borrowed from the last Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box! (Thanks to all who contributed and tea-sipper for organizing!) I prepared this one as a cold brew, since I’ve really been enjoying flavored whites cold steeped. I didn’t have very much leaf, but just steeped with what seemed an appro-po amount of water in an insulated water bottle overnight while out of town and went grandpa-style with it.

The tea was a fairly pale yellow color, with a very sweet apple aroma. As far as flavor, I was actually surprised that the white tea was more prominent in this blend than others I’ve tried; I was getting a slight vegetal taste to the base, that to me tasted like cucumber. I also was picking up on some sweeter melon notes. The tea has an apple flavor, but it wasn’t a really strong, overbearing apple flavor like I’ve tasted in other teas, and I think that’s because the white tea base is coming through more here and allowed a lot more of its own flavor; the apple tastes more natural and comes across a bit more softly. The apple note and its sweetness compliments the white tea well, and the whole thing almost has this sort of wine-like bite to it.

It was a nice enough cool iced drink, but I’m not sure if the overall flavor left enough of an impression on me that I’d care to restock this one. There was a lot of depth of flavor, but they just pulled together in an odd way to me… if I had more leaf I probably would’ve experimented with a warm cuppa too. But it was enjoyable enough on a warm June afternoon.

Flavors: Apple, Cucumber, Melon, Sweet, Vegetal, White Wine

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Here’s Hoping Teabox – Round Seven- Tea #10
Teasource asks in this description: How do you like them apples? I say, not with lemongrass or coconut… An interesting blend that I have no idea how this actually tastes like apple, especially with the coconut. The really fresh looking coconut. And lemongrass? In a candy apple inspired blend? But somehow the flavor turns out actually apple. The second steep was only hints of apple once in a while, and mostly just white tea flavor. Hmm, this one is a mystery. But it’s good there wasn’t actually the flavor of the lemongrass or coconut.

I tried a cup of this at my former roommate’s house and really enjoyed it! It literally tastes like a taffy-covered apple. At the beginning of the sip, I mostly notice a smooth, natural apple flavor that reminds me of a crisp, tart Granny Smith. In the aftertaste, there’s a wave of licorice sweetness. Another great option if you’re looking for a dessert tea with a white base!

Flavors: Apple, Licorice, Sweet