Turmeric Superfood Latte Blend

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Turmeric Teas

Try our NEW delicious and warming latte blend packed with superfoods to keep you healthy all season long.

100g of latte blend per bag
One bag makes approximately 40 cups!

Ingredients:

Organic ginger, organic turmeric, organic cinnamon, organic ashwagandha & organic black pepper.

Directions:

1. Whisk 1 tsp of the latte blend into 1/4 cup hot water

2. Add 3/4 cup hot milk of your choice

3. Mix thoroughly & enjoy!

Optional: add a dash of honey to sweeten your latte

About Turmeric Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

TASTING NOTE 5555!!!

So, I 100% wanted to do something really special/unique for this tasting note since it’s a pretty monumental number but I realized that while I was waiting to find the perfect tea for this tasting note I was also racking up a pretty substantial queue of things to write about – and I just wasn’t happy with any of the teas I had brainstormed for this note. So, I’m just biting the bullet and writing in the order of things I have queued…

Which means tasting note 5555 is for this Turmeric Latte Blend that I picked up because I was surprisingly really into the Turmeric tea that DAVIDsTEA released this year (Turmeric Glow), especially as a latte. I thought it would be worthwhile trying something similar but new, and I got a coupon code for this company through my Sipsby subscription service, so that made ordering a little more reasonable for me.

Basically this is a powder similar to matcha in preparation – you can make it into a bowl/cup of tea like matcha, but it’s definitely intended as more of a latte sort of thing – hence the name. I’ll definitely try this both straight and as a more traditional latte but the start I thought I’d try this one just cold frothed into some eggnog as more of a holiday type thing. I realize that’s not gonna let me taste the “pure” flavour of the powder right off the bat because the eggnog has such a strong flavour, but it’ll give me a good enough idea I think.

Visually, it’s very interesting looking – REALLY yellow in colour because of the turmeric, but then there’s also tiny, tiny little black flecks which I assume are the black pepper in the blend. Taste wise, I found it quite enjoyable. It’s definitely got some spice to it; and tastes of turmeric but both the ginger and cinnamon come through pretty strongly as well. I don’t actually know what ashwagandha tastes like though so I can’t really speak to that element of the blend. I also thought that the spice really complimented the creamy, sweet eggnog quite well. Even though this isn’t a Chai in the typical sense, I was getting really good chai vibes from the flavour though.

I did let both my mom and little sister try a bit of this one and they both hated it though, for what it’s worth. My sister because of the spice; like me she’s generally just not into things with spice. I don’t think the spice was the issue with my mom – she just didn’t think it went will with the eggnog.

Lexie Aleah

Tumeric Glow really did make the best latte!