Buttermint

Creamy, Custard, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Twinings

Peppermint is thought to have originated in Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. This aromatic blend starts with peppermint leaves expertly selected from Europe, Egypt and North America and combines them with the rich, creamy flavour of vanilla to craft a velvety smooth tea that is sure to awaken all your senses.

About Twinings View company

348/365

I love a good vanilla mint blend, so I had to revisit this one before completing my challenge. I tried it in its previous incarnation, when it was one of the Sensations range – that was a long time ago! I kept seeing it in the supermarket, and it was calling to me, so I gave in and bought a box for old time’s sake.

It’s simple, but delicious! There’s lots of peppermint, as you might expect, and it’s cooling and refreshing in the way only peppermint can be, considering it’s actually hot. The vanilla adds a creamy sweetness, very reminiscent of toffee at times. The flavour is spot-on murray mint, which I think is the intention.

I’d say this is easily one of my favourite herbal/caffeine-free blends. I’d forgotten how much I liked this one, but I think in future I’m going to try and keep it around. It’s well balanced perfection. Considering it’s a bagged supermarket tea, it would be hard to give it higher praise!

Cameron B.

I’ll have to give this one a try! I’m pleased to see it’s actually available in the US.

ashmanra

I just gave this one to my daughter! I liked it, but she is the real mint lover.

Ilse Wouters

never heard about this blend, and quite curious about the combination of mint + vanilla…I´ll check it out in UK.

I love love love this herbal. Perfect balance of mint and vanilla and needs no sweetener. Just a very pleasant cup. Recommended.

The concept was interesting but the taste was not as complimentary as one would hope. I had wondered why it was called buttermint but it tastes strange, as if there was butter in the tea. Hard pass.

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

This one caught my attention immediately in the grocery store last night. Vanilla-flavored mint? Sign me up!

It radiates a weird, rubbery smell while brewing, kind of like the way new Converse shoes smell, with a dash of minty toothpaste thrown in.

I tried not to let that initial smell turn me off, though, and I was glad for it— The experience of drinking this tea is amazing! The vanilla gives it a thick, creamy mouthfeel, like melted frozen yogurt. I get notes of custard, vanilla pudding, sweet mint, and it finishes with a slight cooling sensation on the palate, characteristic of peppermint.

You can’t really oversteep it, either, because it’s so mild. 7/10, would recommend to anyone who doesn’t let the initial smell of a tea deter them!

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla