2016 We Go High

Pu-erh Tea
Apricot, Butter, Floral, Hay, Honey, Vegetal, Baked Bread, Bitter, Green Beans, Peas, Sweet, Thick, Yeast, Sugarcane, Green Bell Peppers, Biting, Dry Grass, Olive Oil
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Rob
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 oz / 86 ml

• “Temporarily through with the the OCD phase of tea appreciation, as I’ve halted acquisitions and have entered drink down mode.. Now it’s kinda like throw a chunk in. Pour water until it feels right....” Read full tasting note
  • “I read some reviews on this one and was warned about the effects of it, hehe. I didn’t get a chill up my spine but I did get a weird head throb, fuzziness, and a small headache. I never get...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of the oiliest sheng puerh I’ve had to date. Orange liquor, thick and viscous with honey, reminded me of sweet mead made with medium to dark honey. Heavy undertones of apricot, peas, fresh...” Read full tasting note
  • “Reviewing from the Sheng TTB Round #3, first up on reviews because I was so excited. 4.5g in 90mL gaiwan, 100C Rinse was very light, and trending extremely sweet Steep 1: the lid was extremely...” Read full tasting note

From White2Tea

A blend of raw Puer material with a diverse profile. Sweet and soft, elegant soup. Weighty flavors appear in later steeps with a soft entry. Pressed tightly for the long haul, but very drinkable now.

About White2Tea View company

Temporarily through with the the OCD phase of tea appreciation, as I’ve halted acquisitions and have entered drink down mode.. Now it’s kinda like throw a chunk in. Pour water until it feels right. If I overbrew, I overbrew. If I underbrew, I underbrew. The trick is to find a tea that you’re happy with either way, for many steeps. This is one of ’em.

song pairing: happy now – ha:tfelt

Please keep things friendly and .

I read some reviews on this one and was warned about the effects of it, hehe. I didn’t get a chill up my spine but I did get a weird head throb, fuzziness, and a small headache. I never get headaches. I can’t even remember the last time I had one. It’s not a bad headache though, and when I walked around and got busy, it kindasorta went away. Made my neck feel tight though, like I slept on it wrong.

This one is kind of opposite to the one I just reviewed 2015 Pin. It didn’t start bitter and it goes away like with 2015 Pin but it starts off mild and becomes slightly bitter. I’m currently only on the 5th infusion of a long series so I just wanted to make a note that I definitely felt something odd in my head like some others mentioned. No palpitations nor strong beating heart though hehe. Decent energy but not like the 2015 Pin earlier where I mentioned it felt like a definite mood lifter… or as derk asked “Did it make you dance?” lol :D

Aroma and taste profile is good. The dry leaves smelled like strong stonefruits and hay. It’s a smooth mouthfeel, slick and it kind of hangs in the back of my throat. Just recently I reviewed a tea where I said I had peculiar mouth sensations, the grandpa one. This is similar but different mouth sensations. Slickness. I did not find it too bitter nor dry as some mentioned, perhaps because I began with near boiling water.

I’ll add my parameters when I finish. I’ll also add more taste notes should anything change (which I believe they will).

Thank you Derk for the sample! :D

Flavors: Apricot, Butter, Floral, Hay, Honey, Vegetal

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 110 ML
Mastress Alita

As a chronic migraineur, I am thoroughly jealous that you never get headaches.

I think this also sounds like one I would need to avoid, as a possible migraine trigger…

Kawaii433

Definitely.

Please keep things friendly and .

One of the oiliest sheng puerh I’ve had to date. Orange liquor, thick and viscous with honey, reminded me of sweet mead made with medium to dark honey. Heavy undertones of apricot, peas, fresh green beans and yeast roll. Bitter but plays well with the sweetness. Maintains this character for at least ten steeps then transforms into something more floral, bitter and buttery — lactobacillus in nature.

Great longevity (16+ infusions) and strong enough in flavor and bitterness that the first handful of steeps were quite short. The energy is very relaxing and within 5 infusions, the tea had me tucked into bed singing me a lullaby which led into a restful sleep. Of course, this all could be attributed to unpacking from my move. I finished the session the next morning and the tone was set for a mellow day.

Good stuff. Really interested to see the transformation since it’s already such a solid sheng. I’m actually surprised I liked it more than I thought I would, given that honey is my least favorite sweet flavor. Thanks for the recommendation BrutusK, denizen of slack.

Flavors: Apricot, Baked Bread, Bitter, Butter, Floral, Green Beans, Honey, Peas, Sweet, Thick, Yeast

Boiling 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

4.5g in 90mL gaiwan, 100C
Rinse was very light, and trending extremely sweet
Steep 1: the lid was extremely sweet. There is some very slight bitterness but more than anything else this is an extremely nourishing broth. All of this was on the first sip…by the time that I BEGAN to sip the second sip, I got chills and the hairs on my head stood up and felt like I had a head massager thing which is an eerily similar experience that Oolongowl reported…whew this is going to be a banger.
Steep 2: the texture is slick, but not bitter or astringent. Just pleasantly sweet. I’m sweating and lightheaded already wowww
Steep 3: Primarily sugarcane up first in front, followed by bitterness on the finish and some dry astringency afterwards up front but it isn’t bad at all I actually kind of enjoyed it. And there’s a sugarcane huigan in the back aplenty. I was waiting on some more water in the kitchen and was just pacing around dizzy. This is sitting right up tight in my chest and just under my scalp, with a very noticable energizing feeling. WHEW this is some good feels
By steep 6: there’s more bitterness, and a heavy texture but unfortunately I think this is on its way out….
By steep 8: there’s some brief floral notes up towards the top of my mouth but this doesn’t last long. Instead this is just CRAZY SWEET. After the 10th steep I think this was all done…not able to taste much besides leaf juice, and the texture is flat.
I wish it had lasted longer, this is awesomely sweet and some real fast qi which doesn’t fuck you up for long but its pretty great while it lasts. Totally considering getting this…

Flavors: Bitter, Sugarcane

Please keep things friendly and .

Dry leaf in a warmed gaiwan has that signature w2t/good young raw puerh smell. i wish we could get a candle made with that scent.
good energy. The first cup is soft and inviting. a sweetness almost like baby powder.
The smell of the empty cup after drinking smells of lilac and orchid maybe? anyway….floral.
infusions move along to a nice tingly slightly bitter vegetal brew, then (around steep 10 or so) get back to the sweetness, a sweetwater light brew.

i do one gram per 12-15 mL usually.

Please keep things friendly and .

Bought a sample of this one a little while ago. It definitely has some pretty powerful body feels. Flavor is more vegetal/savory, though there is some floral and honey going on as well. Definitely lots of bitterness as well. Pleasant enough tasting, but definitely more about the feels and texture, as seems to be true with a lot of the high-dollar white2tea offerings. This one packs a punch, but doesn’t really do it for me enough to want to pick up a full cake.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Honey, Vegetal

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

I feel like I drank this one time before, but the session was unremarkable, so I waited to note it. Decided to give it another go this past weekend one evening.

A skipped the wash and this poured out like liquid gold with a very light, but slightly throat drying initial flavor. The aroma of this tea is syrupy sweet, though the flavor is not. I only get a couple of steeps in before passing out, but finish this tea up the next day. It settles into a green bell pepper flavor, which I expected, but no feels and not much of an interesting mouthfeel, which I did expect since I only had like two steeps the night before. But perhaps all that power went into putting me to sleep!

This tea still is rather unremarkable to me in comparison to some other sheng I’ve had, including from W2T, but my sample isn’t gone yet so I suppose I’ll see if my opinion changes!

Flavors: Green Bell Peppers

8 g

Please keep things friendly and .

Leaves have a sweet hay smell. The color started a rich yellow and quickly moved to gold. The texture is fairly thick with a nice mouth feel. There is a mild sweetness and I get a slight bitterness, which I don’t mind. The flavor was a little bolder than I was expecting. If a soft Yiwu is a 1 and a bold Menghai is a 5, this was about a 3.5 for me. I began to notice a mild body feel at the end of my second steep and increases slightly into my 5th steep where I took a break. It did not upset my stomach at all which surprised me for such a young sheng. This tea seems to have some serious backbone so I would drink it w/ respect. I think it is almost too much for me to be a daily drinker but definitely want to enjoy from time to time. I ended up getting 13 steeps out of the leaves. Using the Richmond Rating Scale, I give this a 4.4 which equates to a 88 on Steepter scale. Richmond scale:
1 I hate this tea. I’m not sure I can finish my cup, and I would never purchase it.
2 I’m not a fan of this tea. I may finish my cup or pot, but I probably wouldn’t buy it.
3 This tea is okay. I might drink it from time to time. I may purchase if it were inexpensive or someone gave it to me.
4 I like this tea. I want to drink it regularly, and I would be willing to pay up to the mid range of my budget for it.
5 I love this tea. I can’t get enough. I would be willing to pay at the highest end of my budget for it.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 80 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea will get you rekt.

The flavor is potent, even in early steeps. Strong vegetal flavor and a good amount of bitterness (think young bulang) and dryness. There is some floral, stone fruit, and buttery flavors. Boiling temperature got some excellent thick texture.

But really, unless you like bitter sheng, you are drinking this to get completely blasted and forget all your worries.

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2016-go-high-sheng-puer-white2tea/

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 1 OZ / 15 ML
Mackie

Oh god lol that sounds slightly terrifying

tanluwils

Oh…I should have added that sample to the cart. Luckily, I have a Mangfei with similar affects reserved for those darker days.

Well,

This tea started out very oily and had strong body feels. I stayed tea drink for four hours, and now a day later, I feel hung over. It’s crazy because this tea is already so young, yet so strong. It’ll be crazy to see what this tea is like a year for now.

Edit:

I wrote a review here

Flavors: Biting, Bitter, Dry Grass, Hay, Olive Oil

6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Matu

Looking forward to getting my sample of this one :D