Imperial Pure Bud Yunnan Black tea of Simao * Spring 2016

Chocolate, Plums, Stonefruits, Fruity
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole/Tea-Historic

• “Goodness gracious, this is some seriously fine tea! Fine, as in my cup of tea. The search for a decent night’s sleep continues between screeching baby next door and my own issues,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Morning tea! Love seeing the snow outside, just wish it wasn’t turning to rain…fuck ontario weather sometimes. I’m still not used to RAIN in winter. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a favorite. For some reason yesterday in my travel mug, it tasted like Jack & Coke. And before someone asks, no, I have never had anything in the mug but tea. :) I felt like I was doing...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is an interesting tea. It does not seem to have notes of malt or chocolate. The main note is fruity in nature, not sure what fruit, maybe plums or peaches. I did add sugar to this so that note...” Read full tasting note

From Yunnan Sourcing

An incredible premium pure bud black tea. Made from the highest quality high altitude material from Ning’Er county of Simao. Only young bud sprouts are picked and then expertly processed into this delicate and textured Imperial grade black tea!

The tea’s aroma smells of fruit and sugarcane. Sweet in the mouth, with plenty of texture that fills the mouth with a comfortable feeling.

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Goodness gracious, this is some seriously fine tea! Fine, as in my cup of tea.

The search for a decent night’s sleep continues between screeching baby next door and my own issues, screeching or otherwise. Exhaustion pitted against rest are such big big things for me right now, looming over all else really, because sleep and rest play such a part in the rest of my health and well being, especially as things are now. It feels rather life and death and rather desperate at times. So that’s the thing.

I continue with various interventions to block out baby next door. Sleep continues to be broken despite my efforts. That said, when I get seven or more hours of sleep, even while divided up in three parts, I consider that a win and when I finally do emerge, I do so as more fully human. So yay.

When I stumbled towards the kettle this morning, I reached for this one in the bag Sil had packed up for me at the tea festival here. Score! This is one divine tea. The scent of the steeped leaf is heavenly. There’s that Yunnan breadiness going on, a bit of prune or stone fruit, a bit of chocolate. All in all, just splendid and I will greedily gobble up all my sips and gulps until the last of my sample is gone.

And then, as I was just checking my email, I noticed that YS is having a sale, and yep, I did the thing. And another miracle, my credit card cooperated.

Sil, you enabler. Much appreciation for sending this my way. Thank you!

All in all, it’s a pretty perfect day here already.

Flavors: Chocolate, Plums, Stonefruits

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Indigobloom

I think I may have ordered this one. Or some version of it. How many infusions?
Do any other neighbours have this concern, perhaps you can confer with them?

haha yeah i’m tempted to place an order since my other one may never show up…

Evol Ving Ness

Three infusions, though things faded out after the first one.

Other neighbours, nope, just the two of us are adjoined.

You may as well. I would. :)

Indigobloom

Three is pretty good!
Sending you hugs and positive vibes towards finding a solution xx

Evol Ving Ness

Even two good ones is plenty. I’ll settle for that.

Thank you, Indigobloom.

tigress_al

Not sleeping sucks. I hope you can get more rest soon :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Morning tea! Love seeing the snow outside, just wish it wasn’t turning to rain…fuck ontario weather sometimes. I’m still not used to RAIN in winter. I often miss Alberta in winter…it was friggin cold..but there was no rain/ice to deal with 90% of the time. This is pretty tasty today – smooth and malty and just what the dr ordered.

MissLena

I’ll trade you the AB weather today haha…lots of snow, extremely icy roads, -22 surface temp this morning plus windchill of around -30…tradesies? :D haha I don’t even want to go out to get lunch.

Evol Ving Ness

Oh boy. Gentle snow here. Can’t be too cold. People don’t seem to be walking all that quickly.

MissLena – i’d rather that to be honest. I grew up with that, used to it. I can’t stand DAMP winters with rain and ice and not really snow..

MissLena

@Sil – yeah the humidity would be quite an adjustment, and that damp cold almost feels colder than a dry cold most of the time. Haha I’d trade for a day still though :D since it’s already icy here, and now 40km/hr wind gusts…

Evol Ving Ness

Ouf, love Edmonton summers though. Zero humidity when we here were dying. So refreshing after humid hell here.

MissLena

@Evol Ving Ness – the last few summers have been more humid actually! The summer before last was sooo hot and humid for like a week, I could not stand that for the whole summer I would also not do well haha. This past summer was all about the storms :D my favorite!

Please keep things friendly and .

This is a favorite. For some reason yesterday in my travel mug, it tasted like Jack & Coke. And before someone asks, no, I have never had anything in the mug but tea. :) I felt like I was doing something illegal by drinking it while I was driving.

Fruit and sugarcane and that touch of fermentation that you get from… well, a decently made Jack and Coke. Or maybe I just need to get back to Vegas soon… :)

Please keep things friendly and .

This is an interesting tea. It does not seem to have notes of malt or chocolate. The main note is fruity in nature, not sure what fruit, maybe plums or peaches. I did add sugar to this so that note is intensified. There is no bitterness.

I steeped this one time in a Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Fruity