I got this as a free sample with a recent Chi of Tea order, and I was curious about this one because I have not really ever had a great EG.

The scent of the dry leaves is very strong and I definitely get notes of vanilla, though the bergamot scent is very harsh.

The tea itself smells very sweet and the taste is odd. The bergamot is very overpowering, and I don’t get any of the vanilla I smelled in the leaves. I don’t really like this, overall. I don’t seem to have very good luck with flavoured oolongs, but I will try this one again to see if it is any better with different steeping parameters.

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK