drank Hong Jing Luo by thepuriTea

This is one amazing tea! The cutest little nuggets of Yunnan tea you’ll ever find. A beautiful golden brown tea soup. Sweet malty sips of deliciousness. Gorgeous dark full leaves after the steep. Amazing staying power – I enjoyed four steeps this morning.

I am reminded of just how much I’ll miss thepuritea and how “smart” I was to stock up during their final clearance sale!

200 °F / 93 °C

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina