drank Milk Oolong by thepuriTea

This is the first Milk Oolong I’ve tried. It came recommended by a fellow tea lover.

The scent in the bag is delightful, and redolent of milk tea candy that I purchase at the Japanese supermarket. The taste, however, is different. It tastes like a green oolong with creamy and floral notes. I definitely detect the milky flavor, but it’s not overpowering or buttery — it just adds another dimension. It’s smooth and somewhat sweet, not astringent or bitter at all. The warm, milky aroma makes this a soothing and relaxing tea to sip before bedtime.

I like this very much, and when it runs out I will purchase more.

I like strong, robust flavors. My current favorites include strong black teas (Keemuns, Yunnan teas and Assams, for example), flavored blacks such as Harney’s Paris, oolongs of any kind, and gyokuros. I like Rooibos and honeybush teas as well, and other herbal blends to help me relax in the evening.

I am willing to try just about anything, but I am not particularly fond of jasmine tea, very fruity or heavily flavored blends, anything with pineapple; and I know this is practically heresy, but I don’t like Darjeelings.

In my kitchen, heating water