Simply delightful and closer than they suggest to the Satisphur Broken Assam. This is a bold tea with a slightly more astringent flavor than the Nahorhabi 2010, so I suggest to go a minute shorter on steeping, around 3.5 minutes at boiling. Excellent honey flavor, full body – when I want a cup of TEA (capitals intended) I reach for either this or the Nahorhabi. Great for afternoon motivation. Requires not a drop of milk or honey, though if that is your bent I’d suggest simply honey to make a sincerely round cup. This tea is more complex and sweeter smelling than many other Assams, including Mangalam varieties, which I find somewhat weak (though I very much enjoy the Mangalams with honey). There is a subtle aftertaste, but nothing like a Keemun. This one will have you licking your lips down to the last sip.

I have lived and worked in NYC for 14 years, and am currently working and a Neuroscience graduate student in NYC.

I have been sipping loose leaf teas since my days at boarding school, during which I frequented Chaiwalla Tea Room in Salisbury, CT. It so turns out Harney & Sons was also close by, just minutes from my old school and I enjoyed and continue to enjoy both on a regular basis.

Vegetarian (mostly vegan), enjoy cooking, and lots of science.

Contact: [email protected]