drank Organic Chai by Tazo

So, I’m trying Tazo Chai again. This time I used 3/4 of a mug of water and steeped the bag for 10 minutes. Then I added a teaspoon of clover honey and some very vanilla soy milk.

I love the smell of anise and that is what I smell coming from the undoctored cup. Anise and cinnamon. If this fails, then I’m going to have to remember that combination when I try making my own. The liquid is a nice amber brown. I almost hate to put anything in it because it is such a pretty shade. Even doctored up, I can still smell the anise before I take a sip.

Wow! Pepper. That is almost all that is coming through in the cup. A big dose of black pepper. Now, I do like pepper, but when I think of a chai I think of other spices too. It is a pretty good cup this time, but I wonder if I can do anything different to cut down on the taste of pepper and bring out the other spices.

It is what I was looking for to warm me up though, so I am taking that into account. If I had to choose between this and the other Tazo teas, I would drink this.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more