drank Darjeeling by Twinings

I’ve had this tea before and really enjoyed it, out at a restaurant. Once. The first time I had it. But then every time I’ve tried it after that, it has had a bitter taste to it that just stops any enjoyment of it.

I bought a box of it, determined to see if I could recapture that first cup. This morning it gets standard breakroom treatment – splenda and a creamer tub. Bleah.

Tried adding a second packet of Splenda. Still not really good, but tolerable.

I will have to try a shorter steep.

(Waxed my spinning wheel last night. It looks so much better. Waiting on bobbins and a driveband tension knob to be able to spin.)

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas