drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

I’m going to be one of the very few people to say this, but I don’t care for this tea at all. I find it to be… strange. The first steep, I didn’t know that you were suppose to rinse the leaves. I almost never drink pu’erhs and I didn’t see the rinsing thing anywhere on the packaging or on the website. But now that I’ve looked around a bit online, I see that, and I gotta say… that’s kinda weird.. haha
Anyway, so I tossed my first steep after I saw that, and resteeped it for a few minutes. The second steep is definitely better, but I still don’t really care for it at all. I think the earthy-ness is too much for me, and I definitely get the fishiness that someone else was talking about. I get that smell pretty good.

This came in a sample pack that I got as a gift, so I only have a little. I don’t think I’ll be keeping what little I have left. It’s too bad, ‘cause so many people rave about it. I think it’s just my personal tastes. I’m not for the more earthy smelling/tasting teas…
Sorry Oh Christmas Treat… I just can’t do it… :(

Kittenna

I think this is a tea where the batches were not uniform. I received three packets of this tea last year (all from different DTs across Canada) and while one was definitely fishy and unpleasant, the tea from one of the packets was amazing and truly tasted like a chocolate orange (albeit a bit “earthy”). Unfortunate :( And I didn’t rinse, as DT instructions didn’t indicate I should (although being more experienced now, I might if brewing it again).

Indigobloom

I was about to say the same as Kittenna! My first batch of this was amazing, but my second one was sub par. Actually I find that with a few DT teas. Teaopia as well, not sure if the same applies to Teavana

TheKesser

lol I just got this one again in a sample pack that my dad got for me. I’m going to try it again. This one smells very different from the last one, so maybe it’s a better batch?

Kittenna

I’ve found that with multiple DavidsTeas, sadly. Like the fiasco with ‘Oh Canada’. I had no idea how people thought it tasted so, so awful, but I’m convinced now that it was a batch issue.

I hope this one’s better!!

TheKesser

lol thanks, me too! I think I might try it this afternoon after work.

Steph73

I wasn’t liking this tea a whole lot either (got it in a Christmas sampler pack). I also didn’t realize that I had to rinse the first steep, so I will try again. I really WANT to like it, as I enjoy orange chocolate, so my fingers are crossed that once I give it an inital rinse, it might be more tasty to me.

Comments

Kittenna

Indigobloom

Kittenna

I hope this one’s better!!

TheKesser

lol thanks, me too! I think I might try it this afternoon after work.

Steph73

Since then, I’ve branched out to embrace different flavours and kinds of tea.

Keep Calm and Put The Kettle On!

Ontario, Canada