I got this one as a Christmas gift from a friend, and just got the chance to try it.
I must admit, the first smell of this one steeped, I was very unsure of it. The first steeping I did, I only did a few minutes, as I didn’t want it to be too strong or go bitter (forgetting this is a herbal tea). My first few sips, I was so unsure. I added a sprinkling of sugar to it, and it really made this tea pop! It became a sweet chocolately treat.
Second steeping, I actually forgot about it for like 5 to 10 mins or so. Maybe longer, I’m not too sure. I was sorta worried that it might have gone bitter or too strong for me to handle, but after adding another sprinkling of sugar, it was pretty good! But it was missing something. I added a splash of milk to it (which normally I would NEVER do with a herbal), and it made this tea come alive for me! It transformed into almost a smooth, chocolatey chai tea. I say smooth, because it didn’t have the same punch that a chai normally has; it was a softer chai taste, but still had that little extra to it. The second cup was inhaled!
I could see this one holding up in a latte for sure, if you make it strong. I must try it! I’ll update this when I do.