drank Hazelnut by Adagio Teas

Back to the old routine after yesterday’s green marathon…

This is an okay tea – definitely not heavy on the hazelnut. Admittedly, I use a lot of leaf which I don’t mind because this is pretty cheap compared to coffee – something I tell myself I want, but don’t drink because its a little too strong. So this will tide me over until I can find something that pops more in both the hazelnut flavor and tea’s strength (caffeine)…

Side note – I did find some brown rice, popped and unpopped, in the hazelnut tin. Sifted those out, but still used them to brew it in the tea. While not noticeable, I think it probably brought out a little of the toasty nuttiness of the tea.

I’m a native Midwesterner (Iowa, specifically) who was happily uprooted to California twice. SoCal is what I consider home, even though I currently don’t live there. I hope to return home again!

Tea has really come to fill the void of my current displacement. My husband & I (with our two tiny weenies) moved to Indiana hardly knowing a soul. It’s been a tougher transition for me than I’d thought it would be. I have amassed a cupboard of teas to keep me company until I feel more familiar in my newer surroundings.

I will refrain from giving numerical values to teas because I am a faddist. My likes and dislikes are constantly changing. Flavored blacks are what I gravitate to the most. Having said that, I do enjoy a wide variety of teas – you name it, I’ll try it. I may not like it today, but I might revisit it later and love it.

Flavor note: I prefer my teas to be bold in flavor. I am starting to come around to drinking tea without additives. But I do like to dirty my tea with rock sugar/simple syrup and sometimes with half-n-half/milk. Unflavored greens are unsweetened, but flavored greens I usually add rock sugar. Lately I have been favoring flavored guayusa and matés.

Indianapolis