drank Wild Black Yunnan by DAVIDsTEA

My first review, so bear with me.

Picked this up because I really love the Yunnan FOP from a local place, but the place of origin is where the similarities between these teas end, for the most part.

This particular time I steeped for about three minutes, near boiling. The strongest note I get from it (and this goes for any steep time) is a bite of spiciness, like cracked black pepper. Under that there’s a delicate sweetness on the tip of the tongue, akin to honey. Then comes a grassy field sort of taste, the primary trait I like in the FOP, riding the tastebuds along with all that spice.

I also find a similarity to a Keemun, but I’m ill-equipped to define or describe it (I’m still a tasting noob when it comes down to it). Even if you’re not into Keemun, though, I’d recommend this, as you may not even notice.

One thing to add: Longer steep times just seem to progressively amplify all the different tastes. Doesn’t really go bitter, which is awesome.

I wouldn’t drink it all day or anything. More of a nice occasional treat sort of tea.