drank Carol by Lupicia

And it’s another free teabag!

This smells like Strawberry Quik. I think I’ve said that about another Lupicia Strawberry thing. A green tea one maybe.

Out of curiosity (and to compare to ROT’s sad little 1.8g teabag), I weighted this teabag too. 3.3g! Good job Lupicia! Still making it in a 6oz cup but I’m glad there’s a good amount of tea in there. Thumbs up to you!

In the cup, I’m still getting the Strawberry Quik smell but that’s okay because I like it (and can’t have it anymore) so it’s making my mouth water. I could be very disappointed when this tastes like tea… Actually, I think I smell a little vanilla underneath the strawberry, too.

Hmm. I’m not so much disappointed as I am just… not excited. The flavoring is nice and not overly fake tasting (well, aside from the whole Nestle Quik thing – so maybe ‘chemical’ is a better word). But it is very light and there seems to be a disconnect between the taste of the strawberry and the taste of the tea. Most likely because a lot of the taste of the strawberry is actually coming from the smell. I think I’m going to add a little milk to see if that brings it together.

It helps a little – gives both the strawberry and tea tastes a little creaminess which creates a little taste bridge between the two. But it just doesn’t make the flavoring pop. Ultimately I’m a little disappointed in this because the flavoring is so soft. That’s what I like about Lupicia’s flavorings with their greens and oolongs, but I tend to like those teas flavored more lightly. For blacks, I tend to like them a little more in your face (not mean, I just like to see a little aggression in them). This would be a good afternoon-in-the-garden tea. But I’m not a big afternoon-in-the-garden type girl.

I want a free teabag…tell me how! LOL

Auggy

With Lupicia if you order $50 within a year, they subscribe you to their monthly newsletter. So each month I get a little 4 page thing about their teas and a free teabag. Yay free teabags!

ME TOO!:)

teaplz

Oh no Auggy, you evil temptress. I think I have enough tea to last me a YEAR now. NO MORE.

I bookmarked it! Thanks!

Cofftea

$4.17/month average is VERY do-able:)

@teaplz – Muahahahaha! It is only fair that I can tempt you back. So :P

Ricky

Come on teaplz, spend some more! It’s my turn to tempt you into ordering something!

teaplz

I just blew $60 in 2 days on tea, guys! :P Granted, it’s on 22 different teas… without shipping!

Samovar has free shipping if you buy a gift set! evil grin

Yeah, the shipping is enough to get 3 samplers most of the time =/

How I miss free shipping or flat rate shipping.

takgoti

I never could get on board with Strawberry Quik. I think it might have been the unnatural coloring. Made me think of Pepto Bismol. Urgh, I’m totally going to get the Pepto Bismol song stuck in my head now if I think about it too much… Trying not to think about it… It’s not working! ARG!