My general opinion of white tea has not been very kind in the past—usually I think it’s too insipid. This one (thanks, Gingko from lifeinteacup.com!) was a surprise! The leaves are monster huge and it’s a beautiful golden maple color. Flavor is subtle, which you’d expect from a white tea, but leaves this wonderful sweet, biscuity aftertaste. Like drinking liquid suede.

The lifeinteacup website says I can expect to get seven steeps out of this one … it’s a little late in the evening for me to attempt that feat, but I’m looking forward to seeing what an encore cup is like.