drank JavaVana Mate by Teavana

If other mate teas did not help you kick your habit of coffee, this one is much more likely to do the trick since it has multiple strong flavors that really provide that kick-in-the-face that coffee sometimes has. I found this mate to be much stronger than MateVana and My Morning Mate. The vanilla flavor is well blended with a strong, almost toasted nut sort of taste. Even though the flavors are all strong, they are very well balanced and provide a long tea finish that will hold you over until your next sip. I put in an extra 1/2 tsp for a bit stronger taste since I’ve done that for the other mate teas, but for this one it may not be necessary. Just know that if you want it stronger, just toss in another teaspoon and let it jump start your day!

I’ve been drinking loose leaf teas for about 4 years and really enjoy the sense of contentment it brings to my busy life. I suppose tea is an experience you inherently have to slow down and enjoy, as it quiets the mind and allows you to hear more readily. I am also interested in Buddhism, yoga, meditation, and psychotherapy.

Here are some of my favorite teas:

Organic Silver Needle White Tea (Teavivre)
Bailin Gongfu Black Tea (Teavivre)
Buttered Rum (DavidsTea)
Gyrokuro/Gyrokuro Genmaicha (Teavana)
Apple Green Tea (Indigo Tea Company)
Strawberry Festival (Indigo Tea Company)
Mom’s Apple Pie (David’s Tea)
Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls/Rooibos Tropica Blend (Teavana)

Eagan, Minnesota