This tea gave me the best idea ever: Zombie Gingerbread Men. Every year for Christmas, I make cookies for my wife and sister-in-law to decorate and they are insane with it. In the past years we’ve ended up with Ed Wood, an Orion slave girl in a Star Trek uniform, a Purple People Eater, and many, many other cracked decorations. These two really shouldn’t be trusted with pastry bags. But yes, this year I am definitely making sugar cookies with gingerbread matcha and letting them go at it. I should get some of those gingerbread men cookie cutters that look like they already have a bite taken out of it. I need to do a trial run to be sure they taste alright, maybe for Hallowe’en.

Anyway, yes, on to the matcha (found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/gingerbread-matcha.html). Well, one thing is for sure, it is definitely GINGER bread. The ginger is very, very strong, but I’m not entirely sure that’s a bad thing. Maybe a touch of brown sugar will help round out the edges, because right now I can’t really taste anything but ginger. I tried it witht he brown sugar and while it did bring out the molasses goodness of gingerbread, it’s still a bit too gingery for me. But the taste that remains on my tongue is amazing…maybe I’ll get used to that bite of ginger over time.

DaisyChubb

You are BRILLIANT!!! If the ginger is that strong they will definitely make a flavourful cookie I bet. Seriously though, I’m not worthy. Zombie Gingerbread Men! Also worth noting that an Ed Wood gingerbread man would make me squee.

Helena

you can have to much ginger in a cookie? what nonsense are you trying put into my head?! (just teasing) it sounds sooo yummy but I already blew my October tea budget on 52teas pumpkin (the caramel one, and the pie one) and some heavy spending at Red Leaf tea (I wanted to try their chai matcha) so no new tea for me until November. (sigh)

Helena

this would go great with the eggnog matcha I would think (or am I just crazy?)

Comments

DaisyChubb

Helena

this would go great with the eggnog matcha I would think (or am I just crazy?)

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON