Aroma: Caramel and earth, sweet.

1: Earth, sweet, heavy mouthfeel, thick, clean, strong, caramel, tobacco, coffee (cools more earthy and thick) – Dark redish brown

2: Smooth, Earth, less on the sweet, clean, more mellowed, possible vanilla, dash of coffee and caramel. Similar mouthfeel, slightly astringent. Long finish. Very dark redish brown

3. Even smoother. Similar. Colour as before.

Aroma: Earth, tobacco

4. Mellowed earth, duller flavour, sweet undertone, lighter mouthfeel, caramel/tobacco.

5. Longer brew. Very dark colour. Heavy mouthfeel again, slight spiced tone.

6. Weaker, mellow, earth, sweet, vanilla. Juicy.

7. Weak.

Strong but soft qi, alert but no jitters. Very good for a pre desk work drink during lunch. Nice daily drinker that is cheap.

Boiling

I’m Robbie!

I’m 19, a 3rd chemistry student from Dublin, Ireland.

I am obsessed with tea. It started as a nice way to relax, turning into a hobbie and now it is becoming a lifestyle! I am a novice, only been seriously drinking loose leaf for about 5 months, but wow has it been a blast! I find myself browsing tea vendor websites daily, noting the next teas I want to buy, and emptying my bank account as soon as its full again so I can get my fix!

I am falling in love with oolong both green and dark, experimenting with pu-erh and getting a feel for whats around, indulging in sweet and vegetal chinese greens with the intention of trying some sencha soon enough, relaxing with a nice silver needle white every once in a while, and awakening the senses with some black, the source of my tea passion!

Hoping to make some tea friends, both in person and online so I can share my experiences! So follow me on steepster and twitter and lets share some tea :)

Dublin, Ireland