drank Gunpowder by Adagio Teas

So first off, unrelated to this tea… I came home from work today, after a really difficult day, to find that Teavana is now following me on Twitter and I’ve also won tea from them. They have this “tweet a photo of your cup and win!” and I won! It was the first time I’ve ever played, so that was exciting. And also a good end to a not so good day.

On to this tea. It’s not my favorite. It doesn’t have the sweetness I’ve come to associate with gunpowders, though it’s plenty smoky. And I’m getting a strange sort of toasted note from it – I’m wondering if some of the rice from the genmaicha I tried earlier today got caught in my steeper, or something. I didn’t notice it when I brewed an Earl Grey blend before class, but that was a three-black-teas-and-milk kind of thing, whereas this is just a plain green… I don’t know.

Anyway, this is a decent tea. Not the best, not the worst. I’ll drink what I have, but I’m not going to hoard it – I’ll definitely give samples away to friends and stuff.