drank Dreamsicle Darjeeling by 52teas

Until today my experience with Darjeelings was limited to having tried 2 different first flush Darjeelings which were okay but not my favorite tea. I have always wanted to try a Margaret’s Hope darjeeling though…I mean, I almost HAVE to since my name is Margaret.
This is tea 1 of 4 from my most recent 52teas order. The dry tea smelled more like an Earl Grey to me than a creamy dreamsicle flavor, but that was remedied after brewing. I originally tried this plain which was very nice with a light creamy orange flavor complemented by the muscatel from the Darjeeling. However, I think this tea is meant to have a bit of half and half. I was careful to put just a tiny bit because I didn’t want to overpower the subtle notes of the Darjeeling.

This tea really rocks with the addition of half and half! It is truly like eating a Dreamsicle while sipping on a cup of Darjeeling. Wow, I can’t believe that I waited so long to order this! I really think I’ll be more likely to seek out different Darjeelings now, as long as they aren’t first flush which really isn’t my thing. Another standout from 52teas, I will be shocked if I ever have a tea that I don’t love from this company.

Lori

One of my faves!

Meghann M

I’ll have to try it with a drop of cream. I did without and found it quite wonderful, and if wonderful can get even better I’m all for it!

mpierce87

@Meghann, I technically had a touch of cream and a tiny, tiny pinch of sugar…it was really amazing though. In fact, I have had 2 other teas since (plus one more unopened tea to try) but I am still thinking about this darjeeling….

Comments

Lori

One of my faves!

Meghann M

mpierce87

Formally known as mrawlins2

I am a former coffee drinker turned tea lover.

Black tea is probably my favorite type of tea, but I rather enjoy most types… I’m even developing a taste for pu-erh.

Rating Scale:
0-10: This tea is either flavorless or just plain undrinkable. I will avoid these teas in the future.

11-20: I was only able to make it through a few sips before pouring the tea out.

21-30: I may have been able to make it through the first cup but the thought of having another has me cringing.

31-40: Teas in this range are not horrible, but nothing I would seek out in the future.

41-60: Would drink if offered, but would not purchase for myself.

61-70: Okay, nothing special

71-80: Enjoyable, but I have to be in the mood for these. Probably would purchase if I found a really great price.

81-90: Pretty good tea, will probably be one of my favorites.

91-95: These teas are really excellent. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy more of these (just because there are so many teas out there that I haven’t tried), but I would miss this tea.

96-99: Terrific, very impressive.

100: This special rating is reserved for teas that are absolutely perfect in my opinion. I will only give out a rating of 100 to one tea per category (Earl Grey, unflavored black, dessert tea, Irish Breakfast, etc). These are teas that I really want to have around.

Perfect Teas so Far: