drank Blackberry Sage by The Republic of Tea

Despite the cool temperatures outside, I haven’t been in the mood for hot tea. I bought this tea a few months ago. One of my favorite coffee shops stocks only Republic of Tea varieties and I’ve had this tea several times there. I ordered it hot a few times, but the blackberry flavor comes across very artificial and a bit too heavy-handed when made that way. I switched to iced on the recommendation of the barista, and it was delicious. Decided to purchase it so I’m not stopping by the coffee shop every day. I can save a few dollars if I’m making it at home for myself.

Last night was the first time I made it. I didn’t have ice at home so I cold-brewed a few bags of this tea in a pitcher overnight, and drank it in the morning and with lunch. The blackberry flavor comes out really well. It was naturally sweet, so I didn’t have to add any sweetener – definitely a plus as I’m trying to watch my sugar intake currently.

I still like iced better than cold-brewed, at least for this tea, so I’m going to pick up a few ice trays from the store soon. I look forward to enjoying this during the actual hot days of summer.