L' Orangerie

Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “What a wonderful aroma! I opened the bag and felt as if I had been transported to an orange grove. This tea is serious about its flavour. This basic black with orange tea is so deeply and...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

L’Orangerie is named for elaborate, greenhouse-like buildings in which the European elite housed citrus trees during the 18th century. Its refined, rich, citrus flavor is a reflection of these traditional structures and the abundant, aromatic plants that inhabited them.

For L’Orangerie, charcoal-colored black tealeaves were blended with morsels of fragrant orange peel. Sweet, sour and bitter notes of orange peel transition beautifully into the aroma of the spicy black tea base.

When brewed, L’Orangerie infuses to a garnet-ruby color. It is aromatically citrusy, with notes of spice and tannin. The flavor is assertive, with tannins from both the orange pith and the black tealeaves. A zesty and full citrus tang is balanced by a subtle but present sweetness and light cinnamon note. The lingering orange-tannin aftertaste completes this incredibly warming, satisfying blend.

In warm weather, try L’Orangerie sweetened and iced.

About American Tea Room View company

1 Tasting Note

This basic black with orange tea is so deeply and richly flavored with orange, that it’s the best citrus tea I’ve sampled so far. The taste is delightful. With a big of milk, it tasted that a really high class gourmet Creamsicle—or as if somebody like Todd English or Gorden Ramsay or Ina Garten had decided to create an orange Creamsicle and serve it with the best black tea.

The American Tea Room has become one of my favorite merchants because of their speedy delivery service; because of their sample sizes, and, most of all, because of the high quality of their tea and their flavor combinations.

LiberTEAS

Don’t tell my hubby but I have a crush on Gordon Ramsay.

Doulton

Ohh…you naughty! I think my husband and I BOTH have a crush on him! He does have an…ummm..colorful vocabulary. Did you see him eating casu marzu with the Duchess of Cornwall’s son?

LiberTEAS

No I didn’t watch that, but I bet it was fun to watch. I think his colorful vocabulary is one of the things I find most charming about him. LOL I think it’s his passion for what he does, and his vocabulary is very expressive of that passion.

American Tea Room

So Happy you like our teas.

teaplz

Definitely a company for the wish list! Love your reviews, as always, Doulton!

LENA

lol…I totally have a crush on Gordon too! sigh…I love this tea community.

SoccerMom

I too have a crush on Gordon Ramsey!

Rabs

Alas, I do not have a crush on Ramsey, but man oh man do I love watching him blow his lid. You know, where his voice raises several octaves and he almost loses his voice? Yeah. And great review! I’m bookmarking American Tea Room right now for a future order.

~lauren.

Oh no, Doulton! This is like the 2nd merchant you’ve introduced to me via your posts in 2 days! Okay, will go check out their website … be right back.

~lauren.

Oh, I like Ina – she’s the barefoot contessa, right? She’s always so gracious & warm & welcoming on her TV shows.

LiberTEAS

lauren – yes, I like her too. She always makes these incredibly yummy looking foods and makes it look so fun and easy.