Midori Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “Tried my last cups worth at a cooler temp...maybe around 140 or so...and it was still terrific! I noticed with the cooler the temp the less the murkiness. SO sad to be out of this!” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “This is a very nice and elegant tea. I like the aroma and taste of melons of all types, and this has a good, true aroma. The taste is excellent as well with the green base being a true showcase...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes
  • “What a perfect summer tea! I usually enjoy melon teas when paired with a white tea base but the green tea base almost seemed to add some authenticity to the melon flavor. I may have to buy a...” Read full tasting note
    LauraR 69 tasting notes
  • “I was so happy that ATR sent me this as a sample because it's one of the others I wanted to try! I might have not brewed it correctly because it ended up too bitter and the melon is a bit too...” Read full tasting note
    silversun 999 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

A blend of lightly steamed organic sencha with two types of Japanese Melon creates a rich and fruity delight both iced or warm.

Our organic Midori is our second-ever “Special Reserve” tea. It is a blend of light-steamed Japanese green tea, Japanese muskmelon, Japanese ibari melon, Chinese safflower, Egyptian hibiscus fruit and calendula, French lavender, and Chilean and Pakistani rose petals.

The word “midori” is Japanese for green. Aside from the gold and vermillion flowers in Midori, “green” is a wonderfully apt descriptor: its aroma and flavor are sublimely green, with bold notes from rare, green-tasting Japanese melons and premium Japanese green tea, and its infusion is gorgeous milky chartreuse.

The taste is smooth, balanced and only lightly sweet, as anything more would overshadow the nuances of this delicate interplay of green melon and green tea. The paper-thin aftertaste subtly echoes the flavor of this astounding Special Reserve tea.

Midori is a personal favorite of our co-founder, Randy.

This tea is certified USDA organic.

About American Tea Room View company

Tried my last cups worth at a cooler temp…maybe around 140 or so…and it was still terrific! I noticed with the cooler the temp the less the murkiness. SO sad to be out of this!

140 °F / 60 °C
SoccerMom

LOL it seems like your tea cupboard is running dangerously LOW.

Lori

This is a tea I would like to try as I really like California Tea House’s Melon Yogurt Green Tea…

This is a very nice and elegant tea. I like the aroma and taste of melons of all types, and this has a good, true aroma. The taste is excellent as well with the green base being a true showcase for the melon. I did not pick up on the other flavors, but hoped not to.

The American Tea Room has some superb blends and excellent customer service.

What a perfect summer tea! I usually enjoy melon teas when paired with a white tea base but the green tea base almost seemed to add some authenticity to the melon flavor. I may have to buy a larger quanity of this to enjoy all summer long. Or wait, I need to drink through some tea first. :/

I was so happy that ATR sent me this as a sample because it’s one of the others I wanted to try!
I might have not brewed it correctly because it ended up too bitter and the melon is a bit too strong for me. I will try again before rating =)

2nd steep: So it was much more drinkable this time, but the melon flavor really isn’t doing it for me, I didn’t really enjoy it.