Roasted Barley

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Pureleaf

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea is very comforting and did help me unwind quite a bit after a long day. I'm gradually learning that I really LOVE barley tea! First of all, the tea bags are HUGE! I didn't realize they...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 135 tasting notes

From assi brand

Product description not available yet.

About assi brand View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea is very comforting and did help me unwind quite a bit after a long day. I’m gradually learning that I really LOVE barley tea!

First of all, the tea bags are HUGE! I didn’t realize they were this large, until after opening the package. I was expecting a bag for 8-12oz, but they are created for 2 liters! I’m glad there is only a small difference there between the sizes (a tad bit of sarcasm here;). It actually worked out, because the size of the bag gave plenty of room for a proper steeping.

You will find no bitterness with this tea, just a very nice roasted flavor. The liquid is smooth and thick -almost creamy. The aftertaste left a lingering sharpness, almost tart. Kinda hard to describe.

After infusion, I inspected the contents inside the bag and found a very dark roasted grain. Somewhere around 85% of the grains were whole, leaving only a small amount of pieces.

My next experiment will be following the directions on cold brewing this delicious tea. I’m sure that it will be very good. The hot brew was nice, but I could see this one being even better cold.

gmathis

This sounds like one you could cook with, too.

Jim Marks

I love barley tea. And yes, I am often tempted to use it as a soup or sauce base.

Pureleaf

I’ve never used barley tea as a base cooked with it, but sounds very intriguing! I guess its time to search for a recipe. :)