Green Tea with Saffron

From Bashkevitz Spices

Green Tea with Saffron from Israel

Photo by CupofTree

About Bashkevitz Spices View company

This was a sample from the traveling tea box that momo started in the US which came to me all the way from Israel.
The scent of this tea is very tasty! Is it the saffron? I have never heard of a tea with saffron before, so it is very interesting.
I found the tea enjoyable, and drank my cup pretty quickly. I used my special jade green Rishi cup for brewing it, a cup I only use for green teas.
I did a google maps search of where the tea box came from in Israel and looked at photos of the place while drinking the tea and saw some pretty shots taken there. I took out my pro camera gear to take the photo of this tea. Thank you ssajami for sharing this unique tea!

What an interesting tea!! Big thanks to Ssajami for the most generous sample!
On to the tea:
I’ve never had Saffron before so had no idea what to expect. I made Mum try some and she was amazed that it tasted exactly like the Saffron she remembers.
Myself, I thought it was a bit odd while hot. Very slightly bitter with an almond like base overtop the green tea and a sweet note that reminds me of vanilla.
Of course, I then left it too cool, and found that I really enjoyed it!! This way, I got more of a pudding like feel. Slightly eggy with a marzipan finish.
Sadly, I’m feeling a little cautious, as that “eggy” note is how I once regarded certain Jasmine teas, which eventually started to make me feel ill. Maybe if I don’t indulge very often my tummy won’t notice? lol

Oh my gosh! This pure heaven.
It tastes like candy and spices. I took this from the traveling tea box and I do not regret this. I need to order this!