Vanilla Chai Tea

Chai Tea
Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “You know, this really isn't that bad for a bagged tea. I always make sure to stay off that high horse whenever I approach bagged tea because there are decent ones out there if you look hard enough....” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “First cup of the day. I found this on top of my 'need-to-taste' teabag box, so I'm assuming it's from a swap. As soon as I opened the little teabag packet, I could smell a rich and creamy vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “As we all know, everyone has different tastes. I sort of enjoyed this one. I usually take misc. teabags with me when we go out to eat. (I really don't like most restaurant teas) I've had several...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 125 tasting notes
  • “A review of Vanilla Chai Tea by Bigelow Date: 09/22/2012 Company: Bigelow Tea Tea Name: Vanilla Chai Tea Type/Varietal: Black Region: Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/tea bag Plucking...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes

From Bigelow

Vanilla Chai by Bigelow
An exotic Chai Tea with a blend of vanilla flavor and spices.

Ingredients:
Black Tea, spices, natural and artificial flavors (soy lecithin) gluten free

Vanilla Chai is a delightful blend of tea and exotic spices. It is often brewed with milk, which gives Chai a wonderful, creamy characteristic. In Bigelow Vanilla Chai we have added the flavor of vanilla offering you a whole new dimension in Chai.

Steep 2-4 minutes

About Bigelow View company

You know, this really isn’t that bad for a bagged tea. I always make sure to stay off that high horse whenever I approach bagged tea because there are decent ones out there if you look hard enough.

I just wish it tasted as good as it smells. It doesn’t help anyone here, I’m sure, but it smells almost exactly like a perfume I have called Invasion of the Flesh-Eating Reindeer from Uranus, which smells like rum-soaked gingerbread. This is just missing the rum, otherwise, it smells just as scrumptious.

The taste is a lot duller than the scent, unfortunately. Mostly ginger and cinnamon with a touch of vanilla. A little flat, but the base doesn’t get too out of hand or astringent. I’m sure it would taste better with cream and brown sugar but ultimately, I’ve had a lot worse.

Anna

I had to google. I didn’t dare believe there was a perfume called that. Now I do.

OMGsrsly

Oh, BPAL. That is a terrifying perfume name.

Anna

Oooh. OMGsrsly is SANTA. I should have KNOWN.

OMGsrsly

Heh. I should probably change that. Off to hunt for a different picture of my kitten.

Anna

Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone!

Fjellrev

I kind of wish someone in public would ask me which perfume I’m wearing so I could say its name :D

First cup of the day. I found this on top of my ‘need-to-taste’ teabag box, so I’m assuming it’s from a swap. As soon as I opened the little teabag packet, I could smell a rich and creamy vanilla scent. The tea itself is much the same, with an undertone of chai spices. I wasn’t impressed by this tea without milk, but with a little milk and sweetener it becomes a thick and creamy cup full of vanilla flavor. It’s still a little artificial-tasting, but it’s packed full of sweet vanilla flavor. I have 2 teabags left which I’m saving for my fiancee, aka the chai-aholic. I’m sure he’ll love this take on chai!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells of rich and creamy vanilla with a hint of spices. Tea liquor aroma is of warm, sweet vanilla with an undertone of chai spices.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy dark orange brown color.
-Muted spicy chai flavor with a dull vanilla finish. Artificial vanilla aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Good tea. A warming cup of thick vanilla flavor with a hint of spicy chai. Slightly artificial note.

As we all know, everyone has different tastes. I sort of enjoyed this one. I usually take misc. teabags with me when we go out to eat. (I really don’t like most restaurant teas) I’ve had several cups over the last few weeks. Of course, one of the problems with drinking at a restaurant is that you have know idea what the temp. is and time is only vague since I’m not going to watch my phone or watch. The aroma is lovely with strong vanilla. The vanilla is a little artificial smelling and tasting. The taste is strongly vanilla with a little spicy chia underneath. For me this tea benefits from a little sweetener. I also know that I seem to like sweet teas. For the purpose of carrying it around in my purse and using it at a restaurant this is okay. Would I buy more? Unsure… but I think so. It depends what other teas are available at local grocery store. I rarely buy “good” tea in teabags, so I sort of have to make do with the cheap stuff for eating out. I am unsure about recommending this unless you do really like a strong vanilla but I do and I’ll drink what I have.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: dark red
Leaf Characteristics: tea bag smells of rich spices like cinnamon and nutmeg; it is a very inviting scent.

1. Steepings 2 good steeps, 2nd steep was weak.

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

Note: I placed one tea bag into my mug and poured the boiling water into the cup and left it to steep for four minutes. The aroma rising in the air is very spicy and inviting; one does not want to walk away since it is such nice fragrant, inviting warmth.

After four minutes I remove the tea bag to look at the tea’s color and it is very bright reddish like color; it is not like Rooibos teas since in this cup the tea is dark as it is red.

When I begin to sip the tea I am met with the spices as they intermingle. What I recognize at once is the cinnamon and cardamom and something of the nutmeg/cloves which seem to give it that spicy salt-like kick to it.

I am having this tea plainly with water, but the recommended way is to have it with milk or soy.

So for now my cup of tea is a spice-full cup of hot water which invites for more to be done to it for better appreciation.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: I was able to get another steep of this tea with a three minutes steep since. The spices continue to be wonderfully enticing making for an invigorating cup of tea.

I HATED this tea. I couldn’t even finish the cup.

Very VERY good morning tea. Caffeine lasts throughout the day instead of sudden burst. Best with a little milk; makes it taste like cinnimoney hot chocolate.