Shan Lin Xi Winter Harvest

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Camellia Sinensis

Initial impression from this taiwanese highland wulong is an aroma of ground-cherry and wheat-grass which evolves into fresh vanilla and flowers. Rich creamy texture with sweet final notes of coconut.

Quantity of leaf / 250ml of water 1 tea spoon
Infusion Time +/- 4 minutes
Infusion temperature 95 °C
Rinse the leaves

About Camellia Sinensis View company

This is a wonderful Oolong. I’m on my fifth and sixth infusions now. It started out quite creamy, almost like coconut, with some vanilla in there too. Hints of orchid in the beginning, but now with these final infusions, I notice the orchid much more and the fruit and creamy tones a little less.

Really nice, quite unexpected, I don’t think I’ve come across an Oolong that tasted naturally of coconut before. I’ve had coconut flavored Oolongs, but nothing quite like this!

Azzrian

Sounds very nice!

smartkitty

I got this one as a sample with my last order from CS. Sooooo good! Did you get the cherry notes, too?

LiberTEAS

I got some fruity notes, but, they didn’t come across as cherry, specifically, to me. More of like a mild fruit tone.

I had a great New Year’s Eve with my friends last night. It’s when we do our Secret Santa style gift exchange. I have awesome friends who gave me awesome gifts. We stayed up way too late. So I’m still groggy right now, but I did manage to haul myself out of bed at around 11am and started using my awesome gifts. :) Feta and olive waffles on my new waffle iron! Yay! Husband was simultaneously please and disappointed because they were tasty but not meant for maple syrup. haha What can I say? I prefer a savory breakfast.

So after my tasty waffles, I got pretty thirsty and started thinking about what tea to drink. I got a sample of this from TeaEqualsBliss, like, forever ago, and I was in the mood for a green oolong. So here we go!

I love the floral hit in the first steep of pretty much every green oolong. Then in the after taste, you can start appreciating the other flavors. I’m getting apple skin and peach. Lovely creamy texture. I’m also getting the coconutty milkiness other people are talking about. I’ve never had a green oolong with the particular natural flavor.

Steep two was like cooked buttered greens. Still floral. Such a nice oolong! Judging from Tea’s notes, I’d say this oolong is at least 2 years old. It’s aging quite well! I can only imagine how it must have tasted when fresh. :)

Thank you for allowing me to try this!

Also, Happy New Year to all!

Bonnie

Sounds like a good start to the new year!

Vanilla-Coconut-Grassy-Buttery-Goodness! It’s Crisp and Clean and Light! It’s one of those teas that make your teeth feel fresh and clean after drinking! I’m not saying it’s minty at all but it’s very fresh and clean and you can feel the difference on your teeth and gums! NomNomNom!