Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

From Caraway Tea Company

Juicy aromatic currants paired with the delicacy of white tea leaves delivers a smooth flavor profile with a deeply fruity finish. There’s a lot of flavor is this healthy white tea.

China Pai Mu Tan, China Cui Min, rose hip peel, freeze-dried blackcurrants, flavoring, mallow blossoms, cornflower blossoms.

Read more: http://www.carawaytea.com/white-currant/#ixzz1zhTZXwmF

About Caraway Tea Company View company

I’m a bit behind on my tasting notes, this was from 2 days ago I think. Since the short cold brews have worked so well with other Caraway teas, so I decided to do it with this one as well. I think I left it in a little too long, since the flavors were pretty strong, but still not overwhelming or artificial.

I’ve become very fond of currant flavored teas recently, though I find it usually pairs best with a black base. I found the idea of a white currant blend very appealing (both with a white base & white currants!), so it was pretty impossible to resist at the sale price. There are whole currants in here, which is always a good sign! They look like baby cranberries, those white ones that sometimes get mixed into bags. There’s a bit of a pink tinge as well, so the resemblance is strong! This is a pretty fruity tea with heavy berry notes, but I don’t know if I would identify it right away with currant. Then again I’m not that familiar with the white variety—it seems to lack a jammy, sweet quality though and is less subtle. The white base works well here, adding supporting floral and fruity notes along with a bit of sweet grassiness. It’s a nice iced tea, though perhaps not exactly what I was expecting.

Tawny Kira

I love currants, but I’ve never thought about a currant tea. And a white based currant tea does sound pretty interesting. I’ll have to look into them!

Thanks to Alphakitty I was able to try this one! This just might be my fave from Caraway Tea Company thus far! This is a great fruity white tea. The currants are plumpy and true. It has a mysterious creamy-note in the middle of the sip that is surprising but delightful! There are subtle floral specs of flavor in this as well. White Base & White Currants make a winning combo in my book!