Cream of Earl Grey Dark Chocolate

Food Tea
Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by aisling of tea

• “I had a bite of my wife's square of this chocolate and it was so, so yummy. I love the vanilla flavor coming through the chocolate and even the bergamot isn't a turn off. All in all, a very lovely...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “Take a deep whiff of the bar as soon as you open it, and it's just a gorgeous wash of Earl and bergamot. First bite is all sweet dark chocolate, but the aftertaste is entirely Earl. Very tasty, but...” Read full tasting note
    beaut 485 tasting notes
  • “I got my DaVIDsTEA order! But it didn't have any tea in it besides samples (I was dying to get my hands on the mason jar and glass travel tumbler), so I'm tempted not to even really count it as a...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “I am not a drinker of black teas (or at least not *yet*) but I enjoyed this. The dark chocolate flavour is the strongest, of course, but I could taste the tea in the background. I didn't get the...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 460 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

We worked with a local Montreal chocolatier to bring two of our very favourite things together: tea and chocolate. And the results are totally out of this world. Each bar combines the highest quality imported chocolate with our loose leaf tea blends – it just doesn’t get sweeter than that. With 72% rich dark chocolate and our Cream of Earl Grey tea, this sophisticated chocolate bar pairs the floral notes of bergamot with an unexpectedly creamy hint of vanilla bean.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a bite of my wife’s square of this chocolate and it was so, so yummy. I love the vanilla flavor coming through the chocolate and even the bergamot isn’t a turn off. All in all, a very lovely bite. Again, I wish it wasn’t dark chocolate, but this almost makes me forget that.

hmmmm so the blergamot isn’t bad?

aisling of tea

Nope, and I’m not a fan of bergamot.

good to know :) might have to check this one out

aisling of tea

I think it’s definitely worth a try, if only to say you’ve tried it, you know?

Take a deep whiff of the bar as soon as you open it, and it’s just a gorgeous wash of Earl and bergamot. First bite is all sweet dark chocolate, but the aftertaste is entirely Earl. Very tasty, but so dark that I can’t eat more than a square at a time.

Flavors: Chocolate

tigress_al

What!???? Tea chocolate!!!! I gotta get me some of that!

Christina

Have you tried any of the other chocolate flavours? I bought all 4 online and have only tried the Matcha Matsu one, which I found was not very good. I’ve got high hopes for the other three though, especially the milk chocolate coco chai rooibos one.

De

I’ve tried the Hot Lips and the Matcha Matsu, but since I don’t actually like either of those teas to begin with, I wasn’t a fan. The Earl was amazing.

I got my DaVIDsTEA order! But it didn’t have any tea in it besides samples (I was dying to get my hands on the mason jar and glass travel tumbler), so I’m tempted not to even really count it as a tea purchase, per se.

I have been quite intrigued by the tea chocolates and needed a little more to get me to free shipping so i opted for two bars of this since I love both Earl grey and dark chocolate. Sadly I was not super in love with this. I mean, it’s chocolate, and a good dark at that, but here are gritty bits of tea leaves in there…I guess I was expecting more of a tea infusion than anything else. I do get the bergamot and dark chocolate together and they are every complementary but the texture is really off putting.

Eh. I’m almost kind of glad I’m not in love with it…at least if it ends up being a limited edition thing I won’t be sad when it goes away.

I am not a drinker of black teas (or at least not yet) but I enjoyed this. The dark chocolate flavour is the strongest, of course, but I could taste the tea in the background. I didn’t get the vanilla flavours that others have claimed, but the black tea adds a smoky hit that mingles very well with the chocolate. I’m also sensing something deep and fruity, which I assume to be the bergamot, but it doesn’t seem like a citrus flavour to me at all. It reminds me more of chocolate-covered cherries.

All in all, really nice and rich, but I think that the Earl Grey-ness of it all is lost on me.