Earl Grey

Tea Bag
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by AncientTea

From Den's Tea

Our Earl Grey tea is a blend of organic Indian black tea from select gardens and the natural essence of Italian bergamot, a fragrant citrus fruit. This classic and treasured tea is enjoyable either as hot or iced tea.

About Den's Tea View company

I’m having one of those “dont’ want to get out of bed” mornings, still wearing blankets from the bed. For breakfast I just want tea – and more unusual for me is I’m too lazy to clean my steeper so I went with a bagged tea. This one came from my Den’s Tea sampler.

DRY: yummy bergamontness

TASTE: Mellow, slight creamy mouth feel black tea, not bitter or dry. The bergamont here is light, but shines through as an aftertaste, not rindy or tart. Oddly refreshing and relaxing.

COMMENTS: I love the black tea here – the creamyness is nice with the balance of the bergamont. My favorite bagged Earl Greys have been Tazo’s and Stash’s Double Berg – this one I like more than Tazo. I doubt I’d order more for myself as I’m more of a loose leaf peep, but this is a good bagged earl grey – I might snag a box at Murakai as a gift.

I don’t normally like Earl Grey teas, but when this came as a 25th anniversary gift from Den’s, I gave it a try, and wow am I impressed!

It’s so delicate and it’s fragrance is just unbelievable. It’s like lavender and reminds me of my childhood when I’d had some encounter with lavender farms on a summer outing of some description. Anyway, the bergamot is light but highly enjoyable and the black tea is of such high quality that it makes this tea just wonderful. I like it both on its own or with milk and sugar.

Highly recommend this! If you make an order with Den’s of over $25 this month (which isn’t hard because they have so many great value and yummy teas!) then you get a box of this for free! This isn’t advertising but I just love Den’s so much and I want them to be in business for many years to come.

Flavors: Flowers, Licorice

I like this tea. It has a nice smooth flavor and a good scent.