green tea with peach

Edit tea info Last updated by Veronica

From Eastern Shore Tea Company

China Sencha Green tea, chamomile, blossoms, peach flavor

About Eastern Shore Tea Company View company

I bought this tea without realizing that it was full of chamomile. I actively dislike chamomile! However, despite the chamomile blossoms scattered fairly liberally throughout this tea, they blend in to the mix rather subtly. It compliments the fruity added flavoring, but I think I’d like this better without the chamomile add-in. Sometimes I even pick out the chamomile before I brew this tea.

This green tea, like many others, is prone to getting really cooked-greens like if you make the mistake of using water that’s too hot! Even with quite cool water I still get a bit of that spinach-like tone, but the vegetal flavor makes perfect sense mixed with the peach flavoring… a cup of summer-time. The peachy flavoring is sweet and pleasant if bit artificial tasting – like peach candy rather than real ripe peaches. The fruit flavor is on the lighter side – which I prefer. It’s basically gone after the first steep.

I don’t care for it all that hot and without additives. However, with a bit of honey, a squeeze of lemon or lime, and some fresh ginger, it makes an easy-drinking iced tea. I’ll use up my stash of this over the summer, but I’m not interested in restocking.

Love the mixture of green tea and peach. It’s very light, but sweet and satisfying.