Spicy Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Tea #14 from *Traveling Tea Box C* When I first made this up it had a slightly bitter hint, but adding a dash of milk made it completely vanish. This is a good one! Not something I'm going to go...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes
  • “I've had this one a while... just making tasting notes now. It was a sample included with my ESP order. First, I think the flavor has changed since the last time I had it, unless I brewed it...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1090 tasting notes
  • “This chai is...interesting. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I don't know if it's really a chai, that's my hang-up. It's spicy, yes, with cinnamon, ginger, anise, and cloves against a...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “*Traveling Tea Box C #11* Wow! Yup! This is a chai! And yup! It is spicy! You get the black pepper and anise right away and all the normal chai spices last. This dry leaf smelled just like any...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes

From ESP Emporium

The classical Chai tea is pleasant and strong in flavor. The intense taste is due to the select ingredients like aniseed, cinnamon, ginger and special flavoring. This delicious infusion will truly be loved by “beginners”. Milk and sugar should be added, to achieve the ultimate taste sensation.

Ingredients: black tea, aniseed, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, black pepper, cloves, chicory roots, flavoring.

Serving Size: 1-2 level tsp./6oz serving

Brew Temp: 203 to 212 degree F

Brew Time: 4 to 5 Minutes

About ESP Emporium View company

Tea #14 from Traveling Tea Box C

When I first made this up it had a slightly bitter hint, but adding a dash of milk made it completely vanish. This is a good one! Not something I’m going to go out of my way to purchase, but fun to try!

I’ve had this one a while… just making tasting notes now. It was a sample included with my ESP order. First, I think the flavor has changed since the last time I had it, unless I brewed it differently (of course, it’s different every time). But I don’t trust these ESP packages that are not sealed air tight. The bags just fold over. I put all my ESP teas in one ziplock. The flavor seems very mild for a chai, and I steeped it for a while! It seems like any chai with black tea mixed with it is more mild.. less room for the spices. (Except for Zentealife.com’s Energizing Chai which had both pu-erh and mate added to it and the flavor was AMAZING.) I do like that this one had black pepper in it. I saw a bunch of those fall into my infuser first. But really, why is this so mild tasting?

This chai is…interesting. I’m not quite sure what to make of it. I don’t know if it’s really a chai, that’s my hang-up. It’s spicy, yes, with cinnamon, ginger, anise, and cloves against a backdrop of bold, strong black tea. But I don’t immediately think “chai,” when sipping.

I still like it, don’t get me wrong. It’s bold and spicy. The aroma is spicy too – so you know what you’re getting into when you brew it up.

A decent tea, but I’m not sure I’ll reorder…

NOTE: halfway into the cup I realized why I don’t consider this a chai. There is too much of a rootbeer flavor! Not sure where that comes from, if the medley of flavors just makes it happen or what.

Traveling Tea Box C #11
Wow! Yup! This is a chai! And yup! It is spicy! You get the black pepper and anise right away and all the normal chai spices last. This dry leaf smelled just like any other chai…lovely. and the same as it steeped. This was fun tea to try! Its not one I would keep or buy but I loved trying it. I turned it into a latte q little later to see if the spicyness calms a little and it does but it is far from lost. And is not too bad:)