Japan Genmaicha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From ESP Emporium

“Genmaicha” means natural rice. This specialty is made from Bancha tea, to which approximately 50% roasted or popped rice grains have been added. The incomparable taste is characterized by the mildness of the Bancha tea and is ideally complemented by the pleasant, slightly sweet and nutty caramel note. Thanks to the low caffeine content and the fine mildness, this tea can be consumed all day long. Also here, green tea beginners can make their first positive experience. The Japanese prefer this tea for the afternoon hours.

Ingredients: green tea, peeled rice.

Serving Size: 1 level tsp. /6oz serving

Brew Temp: 176 to 194 degree F

Brew Time: 2 to 3 Minutes

About ESP Emporium View company

No one has reviewed this yet? Hm. This was my splurge from my ESP purchase (even though I had a good deal anyway… it was still a bit steep in price for me.) I love Genmaicha, so I really wanted a full size. I’m not sure the ESP are “full size” anyway. The pouches are only 1.76 ounces and they look pretty small to me. It’s interesting that the dry leaves smell so fresh but the tea itself while tasting is toasty and roasty. The flavor of the fresh and bright green tea isn’t there anymore. But I love the mix of a fresh green tea and roasty and toasty popcorn! Is this the best genmaicha out there? Probably not, but I’ll settle. I feel like it should have more flavor, even though this blend has a TON of both kinds of popcorn in it.. very accurate to the above picture! I did get three good steeps out of this though. The second steep was more buttery. I do love ESP Emporium’s occasional coupons though. I think this was $25 worth of tea for $15 if I remember correctly.

Alphakitty

I love genmaicha so much! Buttery, toasty, mmm goodness.

Azzrian

Me too yummy!!! :)

Solid but unremarkable genmaicha.