Dikom estate Assam SSTGFOP1

Edit tea info Last updated by narraboth1

1 Tasting Note View all

• “It's an expensive tea. London Harrods also sell Dikom estate Assam in their golden tin series, but maybe this one is higher level. I got 50g, steeped a little amount in half cup of hot water (can't...” Read full tasting note
    narraboth1 8 tasting notes

From Fortnum & Mason

It’s a seasonal loose tea sold in London F&M. Fine leaf with dark colour, said to be one of the best Assam in the store. Current price 200 GBP per kg.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

1 Tasting Note

It’s an expensive tea. London Harrods also sell Dikom estate Assam in their golden tin series, but maybe this one is higher level. I got 50g, steeped a little amount in half cup of hot water (can’t get hot enough water in my office so might try another temp next time).
It has the dark amber colour of Assam tea, also the malty, or say a bit mature, woody or earthy smell of Assam. Other than that, it almost tastes like a very good Darjeeling 2nd flush: sweet and smooth, almost no astrigency, and a nice ‘remain taste’ in mouth and throat. The remain taste is obviously Assam though.
I didn’t drink it with sugar and milk, and I wouldn’t want to put them in this tea. It’s tasty enough to drink it alone, and I don’t think milk will do much good for this quite luxury tea.